Register now to get rid of these ads!

Number Crunching - Input?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by AAFD, May 28, 2010.

1. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

Small Block Ford
    C4 with 3000 Converter
    4.11 Posi
    3500lbs
    Went mid 14's @ 94mph on 28.5" meats.

What would happen to quarter mile times/mph if the converter was more streetable, like 2000-2500rpm, the gears were swapped for 3.73's, and tires up to 30" or so?

Now, What would happen if the trans was swapped to a T5 Manual and the 4.11 gears were left alone, tires up to 30" or so?

Current setup is not street/highway friendly...trying to make it more cruise-worthy while keeping the drag numbers decent. Trying to find the best combination.

Would like to DRIVE it to Mokan...but it might be trailer bound :(

Any input helps! Thanks.

2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you have to trailer your car, it needs to be ALOT faster than 14s...

Tell us more about your combination..camshaft, cyl heads, what kind of car, etc. If this is a street car running 14s with a 3K converter and 4.11s, I would bet the 3.73s and 2400 converter might actually be an improvement.

-Abone.

3. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

1000 miles at 55mph won't be fun. I won't trailer it, haha. If anything it will be pulling a trailer. A T5 conversion is probably in order. Details will come soon, thanks Abone.

4. What elevation are you at? I do believe less converter alone would do you wonders. You probably doing alot of slipping and not alot of pulling. That's only assuming your engine is mildly built. I run a stock Caddy 472 and I turn 13.1 at 3700ft with no stall and 3.23 gears and it will cruise down the highway at 80. Just sounds like your combination is not working well together.

5. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

Sea Level.

6. greensheads

greensheads

I ran mid- upper 13s at 100mph with the same combo in an 83 mustang(maybe a bit lighter) at 1322 ft.
    cam was 218/228 276/286 .472 lift, dual plane intake 600holley, headers.

tell us about your engine, something isn't right.
    Kurt

7. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

With that much converter I am assuming you are running a big cam ?
    What size cam are you running ? Any other information on the engine will help also .

Retro Jim

8. tomcurnow

tomcurnow
    from Los Angles

Keep you eyes open for the new T-1000 5 Speed, McLoud had a sample at the SEMA show and won runner up for best new product but were unable to complete the transacttion to purchase production. There is a "Top Loader" version that will fit right in where a top loader would fit. The trans has a 32% overdrive in 5th. The gears are forged steel. It has been tested to support 1,000 pounds of torque. Road tests are under way now and it should hit the market in a few months. The T5 is rated at only 335# so will not take much abuse. I have two of them in my truck right now and will have tests going next week. My Cell # is 818-426-4605 pacific time , call me for more infornmation if you want, daytime is best Tom Curnow