Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage NSRA York 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by legend, Jun 6, 2010.

1. legend

legend
    from Irwin PA

2. Koz

Koz

I was there on Saturday and agree. There was about 2% late models but for the most part it was York as usual. Some of the later stuff was actually pretty cool including one very wicked yellow early fifties fastback custom that had me drooling.

Anybody know anything about the wierd motored cab over bomb carrier?

3. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

Yeah I was there friday and saturday, had a great time, got way too sunburnt. It wasnt anywhere nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, the cars were right on, and a muscle car here and there didn't bother me. I was looking at that cab over when the owner was talking to a few people about and I listened in. He found the motor in a junk year and picked it up-its a V12 out of a (I think) a dump truck or something similar. I forget half of what he said now that I'm trying to remember, but I think he used a gear vendors overdrive and modified the transmission to work with what he wanted. Seemed like a very knowledgable guy. I really liked it, very different, and had people staring at it all weekend. That yellow chevy I think was a 49, cant remember perfectly, but that car was amazing. The paint was so bright it got your attention from ohio! There was also a 49 Olds fastback there that was a greenish-silverish-maaco sharkish color that was very cool. What did you guys think about those "IDA AUTOMOTIVE" builds, like the willys and the tucker inside the vendor building and the twin turbo 37 chevy? Very O/T for this site but I really admired the fabrication and engineering/design of all those vehicles. Overall I thought it was a really good show. Today I'm nursing the result of my "young and dumb" mentalities-resulting in massive sunburn haha

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Thanx for the pix... This car looks so nice, but for the life of me I have NO idea what it is or what it is base upon. Any clues? Gary

[​IMG]

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

It's a Lincoln

6. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

mid 50w Mark I, I think 52 but I forget the year exactly. Very cool other than the air bags part-although he did a cool thing with the switches

7. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

That's a '56 Lincoln Continental. Very limited production, high dollar model only sold for two years when Ford started assigning the marque to cheaper cars. Basically a body style that is difficult to improve upon.

It sounds as though the late model interest in this type of show will be so minimal that the muscle car guys that do go wouldn't return to another one because of the lack "their kind".

The boycotters may have also been few, consisting mostly of people who were contemptuous of NSRA already.

Still a dumb move by NSRA.

8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Thanx for the IDs. Gary

9. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

EDIT: '56 lincoln continental mark II

10. roddinron

roddinron

This is just wrong!:(
    [​IMG]

11. 2Hep

2Hep

A nicely Chopped '56 lincoln continental mark II

12. freakboy

freakboy

thinking of tiny cars did any of you see this one car i cant remember what it was but it was small ish not as small as this one but it had a big huge v8 in it.... the motor looked HUGE compared to the "car" it was like the size of a gokart... i wish i took a pic of it.

13. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Thanks for the pix. On the far left, there is Sawzall & me talking with George Trosley.

Attached Files:

14. legend

legend
    from Irwin PA

Hey 40luv I should have worn my HAMB shirt, could have stopped and said hello

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

your link says I have to sign up to see them

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. legend

legend
    from Irwin PA

Sorry Larry it always work before. Anybody else having trouble?

17. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

nope, no trouble. Took me right there

18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

ok...it's working now...thanks

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

Just got home a bit ago, had a great weekend... the rain threatened off and on both days, but really never downpoured at all until i was 5 minutes from home. Forgot my camera, so thanks for the pics... hoping some more people took some too, as I love looking at all the stuff i missed! Met a few HAMB'ers, and talked to a bunch of nice folks. Didn't mind the 30 year rule at all, as it was still primarily hot rods, and the newer stuff that showed up was mostly all cool stuff, and seemed to fit in just fine. In fact, my dad took his butternut yellow '65 Impala and had a blast too.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  20. hudson48

hudson48

There is a full feature on this car in Rod & Custom Magazine May 2010.
    Built by father and son in a small garage in New Jersey.
    My friend here in Brisbane has a similiar one done as a mild custom but not chopped.Less than 3000 of these made over 2 years.

21. You mean the Morris Minor?

http://drchop.smugmug.com/Car-Shows-2010-1/NSRA-York-2010/P6046450/889998153_QMxud-M.jpg
    http://drchop.smugmug.com/Car-Shows-2010-1/NSRA-York-2010/P6046451/889998418_EgaQp-M.jpg

22. Actually, it's just a Continental, they created a separate division for it when it was introduced in '56. Came back under Lincoln umbrella a few years later. These early Marks were the classics.

Look up the thread, there is one dedicated to them, beautiful cars.

23. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

That Continental cost $10,000 in 56.