Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage NSRA Tampa - crazy engine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frank Carey, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

Under all of this bizarre plumbing is a 350 SBC. There is a 671 which you cannot see on top of the SBC, an injector on top of that which may be fake, and the the big scoop which sits on the injector is not connected to it. That is fake. Air flows thru the scoop and into the big pipe that exits from under the back of the scoop and is carried to an intercooler mounted under the radiator. Each of those small white box-shaped devices is a small turbocharger so there are eight turbos on this engine (plus the 671). These are Kuboda (sp?) turbos used on small diesel generators (but this whole thing runs on gas).
    When I was looking at this engine I had the fuel flow figured out but now I can't remember it. Should have taken more pics. Were any of you there who can finish explaining this crazy design? 20190406_100729.jpg

2. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why? Just, why? Really looks like they skipped some important stuff and concentrated on the garbage. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. What did the rest of this fragmented thing look like? Crazy1.JPG

upspirate and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. upspirate

upspirate

Sure does look like somebody put a lot of work and materials into THAT.
    As Lucy once said "If that's what you wanted, you sure got a good one"!!!!

Texas Webb likes this.
  4. Nice headlights.

5. RDR

RDR

NSRA is still around?....Best thing about that organization was the FELLOW PAGES...oh, and the inspections....