Register now to get rid of these ads!

NSRA Nationals South - Roll Call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48 Poncho, Apr 25, 2012.

1. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Will be there Thursday-Sunday. This year I'm bringing the Poncho (if it makes it:confused:).

Anybody else coming?

48 Poncho

2. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

3. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

There has been a HAMB meet and greet the last several years. Thats where I met Denise the year she came. Looking forward to it.

48 Poncho

4. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Just me and Poncho.........................:eek:

5. slobroy

slobroy

What are the dates of the show?

6. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Looks that way Trucked Up. Maybe a lot of people haven't decided yet. This will be my first real trip since getting back on the road except for about 125 miles last weekend to the Bunny Run. sure hope she holds up!!!

48 Poncho

7. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

May 4th - 6th. Chilhowee Park Knoxville.

48 Poncho

8. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Decent event ... I went for many years until they let ALL the late models in !!

Kind of a 2000 + car event like they would have at a local cruise in now.
    Too many 65 and up vehicles. Not enough pre 49 vehicles. Plus it is 300 miles one way from the house. Too far for a one day trip and not as a general rule worth spending the night for.

I might ride up and spectate ... if I get someone else to ride up with me ...

:D

9. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

now now Randy, embrace those late models. you might find a clean fairmont or pinto you can not live without.

10. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

I will be there, usually a good time!!

11. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

I will be there with my new jalopy journal t-shirt on. Gotta show that pride!

12. I'll be there this year but I won't be driving ether one of the Deuces,,we will be in the recently finished "Ranch Wagon". HRP

[​IMG]

13. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

And I will be checking this out closely. I love it.

14. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

x 2 I'm out. except no spectating either. hitting a local wine festival then the pilot mountain cruise in--almost as many cars, same demographics and no registaion fee 20 minutes from the house rather than 2 hours. ya'll have fun

15. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

we will be there friday as" SPECTATORS" for the first time. we usually take our cars (4 of us) but this event has really fallen off since the late model decision.(how's that workin out for you vernon??) be at the park early for the declining swap and go over to alloways in the afternoon-back home that night. long day but still going and look at the money we save by carshow pooling. i can remember 3500+ cars years ago. i think the motels are as much to blame as anything?

16. I think they took it too far myself and had it remained a pre 48 event I would be driving my '32 pickup but since the flood gates were opened and the Mrs. and I NEED A VACATION! I decided ,,if in Rome,,do as the Romans,,so we will attend the first NSRA event since 1979 in a post 48 car.:rolleyes: HRP

17. Ralph Turnberg

Ralph Turnberg
    Member Emeritus

Maybe I'm just becoming a grouchy old man but, when NSRA began allowing Chevy Citations into their event, I opted out of NSRA. I was curious tho, as to how the change affected the turnout. Guess it hurt. The change wasn't anything but greed.
    Guess I'll have to wait for a different show to be able to see the '54 wagon.

18. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

We'll be there as spectators also. First time to this show. Probably a 12 hour ride for us from Jersey but we're making the whole trip an adventure, visiting friends, picking up hot rod parts for my next build and touring the area. As for the dwindling numbers at the NSRA events, York last year was really down as well so we'll see what happens this year. Safe trip everyone!!!!

19. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

sad part is they are padding their numbers to make it look good. and that is a fact as it happened to one of our club members last year at louisville on friday.he registered on friday afternoon(not pre-registered) and they had him sign at the bottom of an empty page. when he flipped the page in front of and to the rear of his they were both blank.with in 45 minutes saw another entry after his 800 numbers higher. he said there were very few people at registration late friday and certainly not 800 in 45 minutes.

20. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

I don't go for the NSRA as I am about as pissed as anyone at them. However I thought about not being able to do things with people I like and are close friends with. So I swallow a little pride and I go. My buddies and me have made this trip for years. We always discuss it and bitch about the change and how its not the same as it was. I don't buy their shirts or any of their products that's one way I can protest. I will however accept their doorprizes:)!

The first time the NSRA "experimented" with 2 of their Nationals Events opening up to late models I sat under that Red Tent of ours and told my friends " within 5 years they will all be open to late models just wait and see" and sure enough! Maybe I should change my HAMB name to "Prophet" :)

See you guys there!

48 Poncho

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  21. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Just got back from the NSRA event at Bakersfield. Last year, I only went to spectate since the new rules. I was surprised at the lack of "Late model cars" and got my tickets this year to take my car. At the last minute, we decided to visit some relatives further north and would stop on the way home. Too many '65 cars for my taste. Told my wife, next year we aren't going.......

22. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Well folks there is nothing left of this horse corpse...........

I too dislike the change but I look at it as a weekend to spend time with old friends and possibly make some new ones. None of us are assured tomorrow little on the assurance of being around next weekend. So for one maybe two weekends I will abide with the NSRA and participate.

23. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

I went to knoxville for years, not anymore. I will just take my grandson fishing.

24. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

won't be there this year. I'll be in Calif attending Roy's open house

25. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

I think we're on the same page Trucked Up! We usually park down by the fence that seperates the Zoo parking lot from the show lot in front of the swap meet. If you see us stop in and say hello.

Hopefully I will be in this! Only the hood is back on!;)

48 Poncho

Attached Files:

26. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

I dont like the late model thing myself so I pay no attention to those cars. My dad wants me to go with him so I said ok. Most of my fun comes from his crazy buddies. I am also a swap meet junky and you never know what you might get lucky and find. I also need new parts and a vacation. I will protest with my hamb shirt, actions speak louder than words.

27. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I feel like I should point out that going as a spectator pads their pocket the same as going as a registered car--just now quite as much. That's why I'm a no show. for me the deal breaker was the 03 vette with a 53 front clip they let in the first year they opened the show. FWIW--I was ok opening it up some--but they went too far IMHO. those of you that go--have fun in spite of them.

28. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

There will be 5 cars in our group going again this year.Mostly 48 and older.We still have fun and will continue going until it isn't anymore.Besides someone has to tell the NSRA reps how much NSRA screwed up.We hate the late models so we just ignore them.Sure is easier getting around the fairgrounds now.Seems like it was in numbers when i first starting going there the first year at Knoxville.

29. Poor Horatio

Poor Horatio
    from Mayberry

Me and my uncle will be there. i dont know if we will be bringing the ole truck though... busted radiator :(

30. My sentiments exactly! HRP