Register now to get rid of these ads!

NSRA Knoxville 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodBen1987, Apr 20, 2010.

1. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

Well I would like to drive, but I've got my 4 year old going with me, my father in law, and my dad...That's a pretty tight fit for a model A...haha....plus it gives people something to complain about if I trailer it, and who am I to disappoint. ;)

2. jblev34

jblev34

I will be there. Great show.

3. Larry Pearsall

Larry Pearsall

I will attend , It might still be a good show..11,000 pre 49 cars last year..Maybe the pre 1980 guys will not want to attend anymore than ,,us pre 1949 guys do not want them to attend...Meet and great last year was a good time meeting people to attach handles to faces...

4. papastoyss

papastoyss

Yeah, we'll be there as usual. Haven't missed it in over 20 yrs.Hey HRP, didn't Denise appoint you in charge of meet & greet there?Ha HA. Say the word ,we'll be there. For those who might be interested there is a swap meet for antique toys & pedal cars the same weekend in Pigeon Forge at Cuontry Inn, stoplight # 4.I've heard the road from I40 to Sevierville & Pigeon Forge is under construction, any updates?

5. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

I went to the grand run in pigeon forge last weekend and the road from I 40 to pigeon forge is under construction state road #66, but they had 2 lanes running each way, it was just slow going to sevierville after that it opens up. Also anybody going to knoxville on I 40 east of town they are working on a bridge, its slow going through there too. They had 2 lanes open but it was pretty slow.

6. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Fair enough haha and so I guess I'll just have to give you that much more hell about it when i see ya then :p

7. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

10-4 HotRodBen. Let's just hope for no rain.:D

8. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Never happened ... :(

Knoxville could not hold 4,000 vehicles ... much less 11 thousand.

Louisville ... can hold that many and has.

The weather service is calling for GOOD weather @ Knoxville.
    For those coming from Asheville NC on I-40 headed to Knoxville ... the interstate is CLOSED :eek: and you either need to go to Cherokee and across or go up I-26 until exit # 4 and then work your way over to Newport TN.

9. 4ever18

4ever18

Hey, I just thought of something.... I joined NSRA in 1973, in the Street Machine Division, because I owned a 1969 Camaro. Since NSRA now allows the newer cars and I still have the Camaro, I can once again drive it to the event! I guess it's a good thing that I kept it all these years. :D

Attached Files:

10. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

Actually, I-40 is supposed to open up this Tuesday 4/27. There will still be one lane closed on the side that had the rock slide, but at least for the most part it will be open.

11. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Am planning coming up on Thursday either riding shotgun or driving my daily. Anyway will be with the club "EZ Rodders West Tennessee" usually set up in front of the swap meet in front of the fence. We usually have 8-10 with us. Drop by and say hello.

48 Poncho

12. Wife, 4 year old and myself are coming over on Thursday. Still can't get three butts in my two seater '31 Pontiac coupe, so we will be riding in my uncle's newly finished red 41 Pontiac convertible.

Also, for a few from the nostalgia crowd, several of the mid-TN rodders are planning a cruise on Sat starting from the show grounds, takin' the backroads up to G'burg into the Smokies and up to Newfound gap pull off then back to Strawberry Plains. It's to commemorate the original cruise made in 1965 that started things in G'burg/Pigeon Forge. Meeting at noon over in the field on the other side of the highway (thru the tunnel).

13. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

sweet plan. my have to drag thew wife and kids along for the ride.

does anybody know, is there still construction in Knoxville proper on the way to the host motel? thanks for the head's up about pigeon forge--that could have made for a frustrating suprise after a long day on the road.

14. Um, 11,000 cars at Knoxville??? No way ever. That may have been the gate sales but I doubt even that, especially in the monsoon last year.

I've been to every Nats South that's ever been in Knoxville and I'll keep going, whatever the cut off year, for as long as it's in Knoxville, it's just down the road after all. I don't like the new cut off but I do like just about any kind of cars, (I know,... I'm such an enigma). I'll go and see if I have a good time, same as I plan to do for Louisville even though that’s a much larger commitment for me. I'll panic next year if need be.

The construction in down town is pretty much cleared up, just follow the signs. The biggest problem I see is for people staying at or near the Strawberry Plains exit or anywhere else East of town. I'd avoid the previously mentioned interstate bridge at all costs. From the Strawberry Plains exit I'd head West, (toward Knoxville, duh) on Strawberry Plains Pike to Gov. John Sevier Hwy. and turn right. Go up John Sevier Hwy to Ashville Hwy and turn left. Stay in the left lane (trust me, you'll see why) and Ashville Hwy will take you directly to Magnolia Ave and the park.

15. whitedawg

whitedawg

Comin over on Friday. Had planned to stay in Sevierville, with that construction should I try another location or just deal with it.

16. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

When I stay in Pigeon Forge and travel over to Knoxville :)

... I go to Sevierville, and then turn left off HWY 441 onto West Main St ( before you go past the Chevrolet dealer ) . The road is mostly 4 lane and WAY better than going 1-40 IMHO. The name of the road changes to Chapman Hwy ... along the way.

[​IMG]

The road bring you out near the headquarters Hotel in Knoxville ... so then it is a simple matter of getting to the fairgrounds.

GOOGLE Earth gives these directions.
    Head west on E Main St/TN-35 S/US-411 S toward Emert Ave
    Continue to follow TN-35 S/US-411 S 12.8 mi
    2. Continue onto TN-71 N/US-441 N 11.9 mi

Knoxville, TN

Or just use GOOGLE Earth and ask for directions from Sevierville to Knoxville :) :)

17. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

can't wait hopefully the weather will be nice for us. anybody else goin??

18. My hometown newspaper (Morristown, TN) said that I40 opened at 5:00pm on Friday, 4/23/10.

As far as 11,000 cars at the NATS South, never happened! Chilhowee Park can't hold nowhere close to that many cars! I don't ever recall the car count being much over 3,400, if that many!

Buckshot40 :D

19. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Talked to a buddy of mine in upper SC this morning and he said that I-40 now has one lane open each way. That sounds like traffic will be moving - but slowly.

Lee

20. ALL construction on I-40 through downtown Knoxville is done.

If staying in Seveirville, Pigeon Forge, or Gatlinburg, take Deuce Roadster's directions. It'll have you in downtown Knoxville in less than 30 minutes after you leave Sevierville.

JH

21. I'll be there I don't agree with the 30 year cutoff. Maybe 72 back. I'll be setup at the swap meet with my old man got the biggest spot as usual stop by and say hi.

22. whitedawg

whitedawg

Okay just checked my reservation, staying right off I-40, Sevierville exit.
    Still better off going down to Sevierville and following route?
    Thanx

23. Not if your close to interstate the show is at 392 exit.

24. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

sorry - I wont be there - if you see the American Bad Ass there.......till him I say HEY!

ya cant miss him - hes a Harley dude in a wheelchair missing 2 legs (thanks to a drunk driver)

The people are what I miss about that show - I always had a good time there.

Just could not make enough $$

25. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

Knoxville could be the place to see how the new year rule affects participant parking.

26. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

One last bump. Leavin tomorrow see yall soon

27. 'Leaving early Friday Morning; takes me about three hours to get there. Will stay the day Friday, maybe Saturday too if the weather cooperates. Looking forward to seeing what kind of late model turn out there is. Maybe it won't be too bad. Hope to meet some of you at the meet & greet.

28. I'll be leaving in the morning,,meet and greet is on for friday at noon. HRP

29. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

fri at noon where?