Register now to get rid of these ads!

Now What Do I Do

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolmercuryman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Last winter I sold an item to another Hamber and got a deposit to hold the item til May. Well in May I recieved an email that the buyer could not pick up the item till August, but he would send the balance he owed me and pick it up in August. No problem. Well it is now June and buyer has not sent balance and even after I sent him an email still nothing. Do I return the deposit and put item back up for sale or is the deposit mine?

2. Chickenlegs

Chickenlegs

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Keep the deposit!!! Deposits are non refundable! You've given him ample time to get it or make arrangements to get it!

4. Contact Ryan and see if he can help out.

5. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Keep all the documents proving that he rec'd the notifications you sent. Check the laws in your State as "you never know."

6. Model T1

Model T1

You probably could have sold the item many times and are now stuck with it. I feel the deposit is yours. Your honesty is to be appreciated!

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Send him one final email and say that if you do not have the rest of the money in 15 days you will assume he is not going to conclude the transaction and that the deposit will be kept by you. You have spent time in this deal and been very lenient, Hamber or no Hamber, and you are entitled to keep the money. You are not a lending institution. Then relist it and resell it to someone who has money and is not a dreamer.

Don

8. I may consider this route as well. The deposit is probably yours but a little prodding by the boss may get him back in touch with you. I may just turn out that he is stuck between a rock and a hard spot and afraid to communicate with you.

9. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Yep

10. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Mr Beaner is correct. Give the guy a chance. He may be embarrassed, and with the financial condition of most folks these days, a little leeway will be deeply appreciated. Then relist em and buy car parts with the deposit.

11. That is what a deposit is....a sum of money to hold something and not sell it to another person until its paid off. If they don't pay it off, the deposit is yours. I have lost money before when putting a deposit on something and not being able to come up with the rest. Do with it what you want, he didn't honor the deal.

12. y-oh-y

y-oh-y

This

13. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

Deposits are not intended to be refunded if a buyer backs out. That's the whole point of one.