Register now to get rid of these ads!

Now coming to you live from Florida.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chris55, Sep 8, 2011.

1. chris55

chris55

After 45 years of putting up with Ohio’s crappy winters and too short of Hot Rod season, I made the big move to Florida. The Boss (aka the wife) is happy with the house the way it is, so that means I can get started on a garage. (I’ve got plenty of room for one now) So to all the great people in Ohio that I met through the H.A.M.B., take care, stay safe and give me a holler if you’re ever down this way. And to all the great folks in Florida I haven’t met yet, I’ll see you on the road and at the shows.:D

2. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

Dear Chris,
    You suck.
    Signed,
    Stuck In Ohio
    :D

3. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dear Chris,
    Very envious in Maine

4. jcillch

jcillch

welcome to florida, get ready for the weekend of the 24th of oct. billetproof drags and garlits rats and rods show.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Welcome to Florida. :) Moved here from Pa. in 1982 and NEVER want to see that white stuff again. Florida isn't perfect, and the heat and humidity in the Summer are tough, but when you are walking around in just shorts in Dec-Jan you will think you died and went to heaven. :)

If the little lady likes it that is most of the battle. You got here just in time for the Billetproof Drags and Turkey Run.

Don

6. Bucket of T

Bucket of T

Get ready for the turkey rod run in daytona, biggest show I know of here. There's also the nsra tampa show that is pretty big.

7. raidmagic

raidmagic

Welcome to Florida

8. ItsLUCKY

ItsLUCKY

9. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

I hope to be moving that way soon, so I'm sure we will meet up again.

10. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Not so quick young man......ONCE A BUCKEYE ALWAYS A BUCKEYE. Enjoy.
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

11. 31 5w

31 5w

Welcome to FL.!!!!!!!!!!! Watch out for our "love bugs" will take the paint offf in a few hrs. if not washed off . P.M. me if you get up Mt.Dora way(wife will like little shops) We can catch dinner on us.

12. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

We tricked you!

Welcome to the "Sunshine State", but be prepaired it rains almost everyday here.

Its a great ad campain.

MrC.

13. You picked a good location, right in the middle of the state for car shows and cruises. BUT, you are north of Orlando and could possibly see snow, yes rare, but I have seen it back in the 80's.
    Oh and they did not mention hurricanes.......not the football team.....rain, rain, go away......

14. cryobug

cryobug

Welcome to Florida from another former Buckeye now living in Mims.

15. rockabillybus

rockabillybus

Welcome to Florida! See you soon at the shows.

16. Welcome to FL ! Geneva is very pretty. Lots of Buckeyes here too. Daytona has the Spring Spectacular Car Show and Swap Meet the third weekend in March. Love Bugs are nasty, pretend it's winter, May and Sept.

17. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Chris: I agree with what Don's Hot Rods said.

I moved to Florida 20 years ago to get the hell away from snow,ice, cold weather and putting chains on my trucks.

I also never like the fact that 4 or 5 months our the year I was paying tax on land that was covered with snow.

Florida is not perfect but it sure beats the hell out of winters in Connecticut.

Best of luck with your new home.

Jimbo

18. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Welcome to florida....hope to see you at Billetproof drags in lakeland....oct 23..

Rooster

19. Vudu

Vudu

Welcome fellow ex-Ohio prisoner!
    I made my run for the border over 22 years ago and haven't looked back since. I've tried to describe Ohio to my friends down here and they have a hard time believing how bad it really is. They think snow is a nice change of seasons :confused: