Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods now a '33 5w chopped ford hemi coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2345.coupe, Aug 20, 2016.

1. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

I like it! I like the fact you are going to move the corners of the windows in to line them up rather than just bend them till they line up. Much cleaner look but more work too.

2. thanks dumprat......I 'll take pics of the inside of the car behind the panel that I have to move. That will really show the work involved. But like you stated ,it's going to be a cleaner look.

3. 47ragtop

47ragtop

Really isn't any more work to "move " the corners than to try "bend " them to match . The result is much cleaner and better !! 2345 coupe we are waiting on an update . Bill

4. A picture of you sitting there drooling over your car would be OK.

Runnin shine and 47ragtop like this.
  5. well Tim, I do drool over the car and imagine what she's going to look and sound like. As for a pic of that....not.......
    so I had trouble lining up the two passenger side roof sections down from the A pillar. I had to cut the A pillar in two ,raise the pillar up and the the roof sections lined up. Then I just put a sand bag on top of the A pillar to flatten it down and re-welded it.
    The next challenge is to remove the material behind the rear section panel I have to move to line up the beauty lines.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. Yep, it's a ton of work but well worth it. Hang in there man. Really looking forward to seeing it come together.

7. 47ragtop

47ragtop

Your pics are not sowing up. Bill

8. Saw the pics last night but not now??

9. well, I took the inner panel off that held my section I wanted to move. Then I cut the panel out, moved her over to matched up the molding (beauty) lines and tacked her in.
    Also please note I removed the "paint" around the patch to have cleaner welds.
    Oh and yes I'm not the worlds best when it comes to measuring..... but if your working with metal and you can weld, it's not a problem.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

alanp561, kidcampbell71 and Aaron D. like this.
  10. 47ragtop

47ragtop

:)
    " I am not the best at measuring" !! I am going to buy something at Harbor Freight and get a free tape measure and send it to you !! :):)

brEad likes this.
    47ragtop and slv63 like this.
  12. 47ragtop

47ragtop

Looking good !! I forgot how much fun and work this is . I would just work on one area at a time and soon you will be ready for the mud work. Bill

13. Here's a current pic of my cabrio. Had it out for a while yesterday. By the time the snow melts up there you'll be almost done. 133.jpg

BradinNC and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. real nice roadster Tim........

15. one section ready for lead....
    [​IMG]
    one section ready to cut.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

greaser likes this.
  16. Man, that's looking great. Minimum of filler and lead you say. I can hardly wait to see that work happen. Great thread bud.

17. well ,I got some more work done.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 and 47ragtop like this.
  18. this side gave me trouble......had to fight with it ......but i finally got it to where I'm satisfied with the results....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    kidcampbell71, texkbc and 47ragtop like this.
  19. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    here's the motor that's going in the '34 sedan. Been at Quinton Brothers racing in Vt. since 2008. Parts, tax and labor, $9,600 .....th350 racing transmission $1,900....so total bill was $11,500.
    I'll give you a rundown of what was done to the motor next time.

neilswheels, Chucky, 54reno and 3 others like this.
  20. rolltideglin

rolltideglin

Super nice Hemi,,,,,,I have a 354 hemi in my 30 coupe,,,love it...

21. thanks man........mine is a 331

22. Holy cow, I wasn't ready for the Hemi. That's really cool and very good lookin.

23. thanks tim.........
    I'm happy with her.........hopefully I'll be driving her in the spring.....

24. well, I'm tired of working on the sheet metal. I'll get back to it later. Now it's time to get on the chassis.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 and Icufltrn like this.
  25. greaser

greaser

That frame looks to be in tip-top shape! We in New England haven't seen one like that in 30 years.

26. yeah greaser,we got one now....... it is in great shape. I'm going to box her in, modify the X member ,add some parallel leaf rear leaf springs,ladder bars, pan hard bar ,4'' dropped axle,'42 spindles,f-1 front backing plates and juice brakes. And that's just for starters. Then the motor, trans and bronco rear..........then.........

47ragtop and greaser like this.
  27. well, I had my fill of ozone depleting aerosols......now when the frame dries it will be ready for the boxing plates.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  28. thanks Hitchhiker.......I can't wait hear her make some noise........

29. gonzo

gonzo

The car looks great, if I were you I would take every piece you cut out and melt them with an acetylene torch, then I'd throw the melted pieces into the ocean so no one can fuck up your work later!

RODIST, brEad and dumprat like this.