Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Novelty Hot Rods - Post any pic's.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiftyv8, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ehdubya

ehdubya

"The Zippo Car does run and is drivable, but it gets around faster in this rig."

[​IMG]

"The lettering is 24-karat gold plating. The Engine is a Chevrolet 350 CID / 250 HP / V8." :D

2. 50Fraud

50Fraud

...wasn't built from a Corvette, though. Scratchbuilt frame & steel body. It was started by Coddington for Mattel sometime in the late '90s, but was unfinished when he bellied up. It was "rescued" from Boyd's shop just before the shop was locked up. It sat outside at Mattel for a couple of years and got kinda scabby. It was finally shipped to a shop in the Midwest (don't remember their name) and finished for show. I think its first outing was SEMA 2001??

3. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

That zippo car is cool.....but I still have my heart set on the wiener mobile.....I'd just love to drive the wiener.....I don't know how it would handle, but you'd have to be careful, or you could end up in hot water......

4. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I like those twin engined vehicles, I wonder if both engines are driving?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  5. [​IMG]
    I think Trojan Condoms should build one similar to this...

6. You dog!!!!...........

7. bigolds

bigolds

Go for a BigBlock No guts no glory!!!!

8. Plowboy

Plowboy

I saw a Manure Spreader done up in showrod fashon at the Kruse action in Auburn several years ago it had a chromed out blower motor and the spreader tines were all chromed. It was not a runner and sold for $11,000. I wish I had a picture.....

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

It's just one car in two different paint jobs. Both engines run, the car is driveable and is capable of massive burnouts. Of course you need an outside spotter/flagman to let you know where you're going.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  10. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

HEH HEH HEH

dv

11. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Krom Fritte built this in Sweden 20 years ago.
    [​IMG]

12. jrsautografx

jrsautografx

I ever get my hands on a scanner you guys are in for a treat. I have almost every Hot Rod Show World from 1974-1992

13. Sorry if this has been posted before.

14. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Nope It's real saw it at the Summer Nationals In Worcester Mass 2 years ago in person

15. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Found this to add to the stocks.

Attached Files:

16. MODELTDAD

MODELTDAD
    from SO. CAL.

My son and I built a '58 Daihatsu Trimobile, 200 c.c. Honda engine. Painted to match my '24 T rpu. Soooo much fun.

17. Hey some one find a scanner for that man quick,
    Hot Rod Show World from 74 sounds promising,
    Any pictures of those wild Chevy powered trikes ?

18. jrsautografx

jrsautografx

I'll dig it up and let you know.

19. [​IMG]

Today, I learned of the 'other' Weinermobile!

[​IMG]

20. That is a cool car...

21. This one?

[​IMG]

22. 1959 Eldorado

1959 Eldorado
    from London

23. 1959 Eldorado

1959 Eldorado
    from London

Picture of Alvins Acorn Built by Barris now Fully Restored and currently being displayed in Beaulieu Motor miseum in England[​IMG]

24. 1959 Eldorado

1959 Eldorado
    from London

25. 1959 Eldorado

1959 Eldorado
    from London

Bunk Bed Car awaiting restoration in London [​IMG]

26. This is one of my neighbors cars. He tears ass up and down the street every once in awhile. Its not really my forte though, but a bitchen car non the less. He also wears that wierd Ed Roth top hat at the dragstrip.-Weeks[​IMG]

27. Squablow

Squablow

I like how a lot of these cars were named the something-T even if they weren't at all based on a Model T, in an attempt to come up with a clever souding name. I would have named this one the Fuckin-A.

[​IMG]

28. 1959 Eldorado

1959 Eldorado
    from London

[​IMG]The Martian Spider that needs restoring will be auctioned at No Resvere at Bonhams Auction in Paris on 7th Feb 2009

29. 1959 Eldorado

1959 Eldorado
    from London

[​IMG][​IMG]<SMALL><BIG>[​IMG]

** UPDATE**
    The Bugaloo Buggy has been found - AGAIN! The last we knew of the whereabouts of the Buggy was in France in dark, underground storage. Well, I am happy to say the Buggy is back in the light and has a new owner, Gary Hillman! The Buggy is now in London and in the process of being fully restored. In fact, the Buggy will be shown for the first time in over 30 years in a car show in Sweden in April. George Barris is also scheduled to attend - what a reunion! I will provide details and pics of the show when available. For now, enjoy the newest Buggy photos!! I'm so happy I could fly!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

<HR style="WIDTH: 60%; HEIGHT: 2px">
    <SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG>[​IMG]</BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG>A Barris Fun Buggy four-passenger fiberglass body was used as a base for </BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG>the hockey stick silhouette design of the Bugaloos Buggy, featured </BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG>on </BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG>"The Bugaloos" television series. Since the concept of the show, </BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG>starring Martha Raye and the four Bugaloos, showed the group with wings </BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG>enabling them to fly, it was determined logical for the car to "fly" and to </BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG>"ride" on water. The buggy was equipped with two large flapping butterfly </BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG>wings, and twin screws installed under the rear body for high-powered water</BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG> sporting. Oversized headlights looked like the eyes of a bug, while the </BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG>taillights were tunneled portholes that illuminate at night. Wide oval Firestone </BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG>tires were installed on Ansen one-piece sprint wheels. The interior was </BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG>individualized for each Bugaloo - each star having his/her own telephone system </BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG>and Muntz stereo tape system with individual earphones. The buggy was </BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG>painted in a green, yellow and orange butterfly theme with orange and </BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG>purple pinstripes. </BIG></SMALL>
    <SMALL><BIG>- <SMALL>Cars of the Stars, ©1974</SMALL></BIG></SMALL>
    <SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL>
    <SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL>
    <SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG><SMALL><BIG>
    The Bugaloos buggy was another television show car constructed especially at the Barris Kustom shop for Krofft Productions. The producers desired a small, wild-looking, fun buggy to incorporate into their new NBC-TV series. To supply an automotive interest for the series, Barris built the buggy in late 1969 to be used in the 1970-71 TV season. His motivation: the vehicle was to possess all of the fun characteristics that made </BIG></SMALL>
    </BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG><SMALL><BIG>[​IMG]</BIG></SMALL></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG><SMALL><BIG>the Meyers Manx dune buggy famous - yet push the concept beyond the envelope with attention-getting color and design elements. The goal was a completely different and vibrant look. Using a four-passenger body mounted on a Volkswagen floorpan, the buggy actually looked just like a bug</BIG></SMALL></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL><SMALL><BIG><SMALL><BIG> - mixing well with the show characters who could fly and walk on water like little flying insects. The design featured a T-shaped rollbar set over the rear wheels with a pair of "wings" that gave the effect of an airborne bug yet allowed plenty of space for television camera maneuvers. The chassis rolled on Ansen Spring alloy wheels, highlighted with orange spoked centers. The fully fendered four-wheeler featured oversized headlights that looked just like bug eyes. On the outside, the paint scheme was a wild combination of green, yellow and orange applied to copy the markings found on a butterfly's wing. There was much more. The interior was fitted with four custom bucket seats with leaf-like design elements that continued the buggy's nature theme. Four Capitol Communications telephones and four Muntz stereo tape cartridge players were also installed. A four-tone horn was on board as well, offering a distinct tone for each one of the characters. Fully street legal, The Bugaloos buggy was used extensively in the show. When the series was introduced to the airwaves, Barris contracted with model kit manufacturer MPC to design a plastic model kit based on the program vehicle (which never saw production. See MCP catalog in Collectibles). </BIG></SMALL></BIG></SMALL>

<SMALL><BIG><SMALL><BIG>- <SMALL>Barris TV & Movie Cars, 1996</SMALL>.

The Bugaloo Buggy was sold at the Cars of the Stars collector car auction at the Sheraton-Universal Hotel on Sept. 25, 1983. The auction catalog featured this write up:
    </BIG></SMALL>
    </BIG></SMALL>
    Bugaloo
    Another most creative TV show by SID & MARTY KROFFT, the Bugaloos, starred Caroline Ellis, Wayne Laryea, John Philpott, John McIndoe, and Martha Raye. BARRIS was given the challenge to make the group's fantasy rod with BUTTERFLY WINGS mounted on the sides of a BOOMERAND fiberglass bodied dune buggy. This buggy was powered by a VW engine. The buggy is equipped with four bucket seats and four telephones for the stars. Multi-colors were sprayed and combined with contrasting pin stripes by BOB BOND. Quad KRACO units were installed for music backup with the singing group. This feature toured the HOT ROD SHOW WORLD and ROD & CUSTOM EXHIBITS.
    <SMALL><BIG><SMALL><BIG>
    </BIG></SMALL>
    </BIG></SMALL>
    <BIG>The Bugaloo Buggy has been found! </BIG><BIG style="FONT-FAMILY: arial">Click here for details.</BIG>
    <BIG>
    [​IMG]
    </BIG><SMALL><BIG></BIG></SMALL>

</BIG></SMALL>

30. 1959 Eldorado

1959 Eldorado
    from London

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.