Register now to get rid of these ads!

`nother new one!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Tsquared, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

been lurking for a while. I`m 55 [old fart]. my first car was a cut down 29A sport coupe. I was 12 then. couldn`t go anywhere, It didn`t run!! can`t remember what happened to it. when I was 15, I made a HURST type motor mount and put a `58 283 in a `40 ford coupe; with a 3-spd trans.anyone remember the old Foxcraft round rod type shifters? or the old Hurst Mystery shifter? anyway, stick shift was the king in the old days. mostly 3-spd; not too many T-10s or muncies out yet; and most of the automatics were not very good under heavy use.

I`m doing a 30/31 chopped and channeled with the early Nailhead and an old mustang rear end; I`ll try to post pics soon.

T2

2. cool cars, I've got a 58' 283, what did you do to that motor?

3. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

nothing, It was bone stock out of a friends totaled Impala.If I remember right, it had the old Rochester 4GC carb. I remember using a rt. exhaust manifold off a 56 265 on the left side to clear the sterring box in the `40.

I drove the coupe for about 2 years then traded it for a 57 2-dr HT.

T2

4. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

welcome,

what up from UT

jobcorp

5. Welcome. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

6. Ahh, the Hurst Mystery Shifter......been there, done that. Welcome from another oldie-MIKE:D

7. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome, post pics when you can. :)

8. J.D.

J.D.

welcome, there is a lot of good knowledge to be found here, enjoy

9. jangleguy

jangleguy

Hey I had one of those Hurst Mystery shifters once - the mystery was where is that next gear...Welcome to the HAMB...