Register now to get rid of these ads!

'nother new guy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by FrankBen777, Apr 11, 2005.

1. FrankBen777

FrankBen777

Hello,
    My name is Frank, I live in Austin Texas ( Cedar Park anyway). I've just acquired a '49 Ford Coupe, she's the running project of my dreams. I have been a long time lurker and have learned much. I hope to learn even more, especially since this is my first Ford. Been in and around cars my entire life, my Dad is a rodder from back in the day, his '41 Lincoln Continental still sports the 331 Cadillac mill, 50 years after the swap. Will post pics when I got some and will be going through the archives with a fine toothed comb for anything Ford! Thanks.

2. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

welcome fellow texan! show us some pictures

3. Big D

Big D

Welcome aboard, good to see another Ford man, good luck with your new project, you will get all the information you need here. BIG D

4. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

welcome to the board Frank this is the place to learn from

5. Welcome Frank, Good number" 777 "

6. coupe5w36

coupe5w36

Welcome from Australia. Not too many '49 coupes in this part of the world. See a black one occasionally -- beautiful. Are you sticking with the flattie?

7. FrankBen777

FrankBen777

Thanks for the Welcome, here is a pic from AutoTrader this picture really doesn't do the car justice. I suspect the Flathead has been MIA for years, current motor is a mildly stroked 327 SBC, coupled to what I guess is the original 3 speed, linkage is sloppy and finding gears has been a challange. I like the baby moons and the lakes ( even though the are fakes).

8. coupedevil

coupedevil