Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not Traditional Hot Rod or Jalopy Stuff

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hebee, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Hebee

Hebee

Hope I'm not offending anyone here with these pics. SLIDE and I have been discussing the various merits of different kinds of primer finishes etc. I told him that my 12 year old grandson (13 next weekend) was heavy into hot rods and cars. He especially likes 40s and 50s cars and has a nice collection of diecast. Anyway, I PM'd SLIDE with a link to some pics from last summer at the Abilene, TX dragway. The link wouldn't work so I'm trying again with smaller versions here. Hey, the way I see it if I keep this kid interested in cars he will wind up with a kool jalopy (probably mine)! He does well with the Jr. Dragster - has a lot of 1st and 2nd place trophies! Wants to build and race and old time Gasser when he's older. If it wasn't for his birthday, I'd be at the LS Round up next weekend! In the pic with 3 people, I'm the good looking one! :D

DSCN1005.jpg

DSCN1013.jpg

DSCN1021.jpg

DSCN1024.jpg

DSCN1028.jpg

DSCN1030.jpg

2. Any kind of racing is cool to me man! Glad to see the kid's headed in the right direction.

3. JrDragsterPunk

JrDragsterPunk

i've raced juniors for 7 years now. i got a 2002 harden. fastest time in 7.75, they're really fun. nice pics...

4. Slide

Slide

Thanx for the pics! Tell the kid we said Happy Birthday! Good to see a family doing car stuff together!