Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not seeing pictures in some threads.. ??

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by SixFive, Apr 11, 2011.

1. SixFive

SixFive

Hi guys. Lately I have not been seeing all the pics in some threads. It only happens on some individual posts in the thread. Just a description of what is in the pic, empty space, more text, empty space etc. No thumbnail, no red X, no question mark in a box, no link, just nothing.

But then the next post in the same thread is from a different person their pics work fine. Also people comment on the pics, so they are seeing them, just not me??

I was wondering if it might be because of my computer or the way they upload the photos?

2. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

My guess would be the site hosting the photos has been exceeded in limitations and that is why you do not see anything. Not your computers fault or perhaps your IP provider has limited your capacity ? You may have downloaded to much lately. Just a couple of ideas.

3. SixFive

SixFive

Thanks. I don't think it is a problem with my internet as I can see pics on other websites and forums fine, it only happens on the hamb, but has been happening on more threads lately. I know sometimes pics show as a "bandwith exceeded" or whatever but I'm not even getting that.

Here is an example... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578617&showall=1

On this thread I can see all of Rikster's pictures, but none of Jeffsled's. So I have no idea what he is talking about, all Jeffsled's posts appear as just text to me.

4. No help to you but I can see the pics fine.

5. Yep, me too....

6. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Ok, lost to help as I see all the pics as posted. Mind you it was slow to load them for me to see.

7. SixFive

SixFive

So I checked the above thread yesterday and all the pics were showing. Went back today and some are gone again.

Also I still cant see any pics on the thread about the doctor that built the hot rod theme office, among others.

Annoying when pics are completely missing, especially in the event coverage and build threads but everyone else can see them. I haven't changed any setting on my computer for any reason, it's just something that started happening one day.

8. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Last suggestion I have hit refresh and / or delete cookies.....good luck.