Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not how I wanted to get a classic but here I am

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Aaron63Nova, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Aaron63Nova

Aaron63Nova

Hey all,
    So on Memorial Day I picked up my first classic car, a 63 Nova, 283 4 spd. I knew I would have one eventually but hadnt planned on it being so soon. I saw this car 7 or 8 years ago with my best friend while picking up an engine hoist from his dad who the car belonged to. It was supposed to go to him on his 30th birthday but he died in a motorcycle accident. Almost 6 years later his dad decided to sell the car and I couldnt let it go into strange hands since he had it for 33 years and had intended to give it to his son, so I bought it.
    I have extensive engine design, building and tuning experience on Harleys but not much on V8’s although I am seeing some of the principles do overlap.
    Hoping with the help of this board to make some changes to the car that I know my friend would be proud of.

Aaron

DBruce likes this.
  2. Dusty_v8

Dusty_v8

Hey Aaron,
    welcome from another noob.
    V8s and Harleys are close cousins... hell even cam talk and lift is nearly identical. I’m sure you’ll get lots of help if you need it here.

I just sold my 63 nova ss convertible last July. I know a lil about them if you need advice.

Anyhow post some pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

DBruce likes this.