Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Not getting notifications when "Watched" threads are updated

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by s55mercury66, Aug 13, 2014.

1. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Since the update, I have occasionally not been getting notifications when my "Watched Threads" are updated. This doesn't happen all the time, and it's not any thread in particular. Sometimes I'll be looking through the "New Posts", and notice a posting on one or more threads I am subscribed to. It happened again this evening on The Vintage Sprint Car Picture Thread, and while catching up there, I noticd another member mention the same thing. Am I doing something wrong here? I'm not sure I'm posting this in the correct place either, apologies for that.

2. Alerts and watched threads don't always seem too work like I would expect them to. Asked about it one time; but no reply.

3. loudbang

loudbang

Got to the top of the page on the left. just above the tire is a thing with three "paddles" on it put your cursor over it and a drop down menu will give you watched threads. Click on watched threads and your whole list comes up. The ones in dark black haven't been read yet.

When you subscribe to a thread make sure the notify of updates is checked or you will not be notified.

4. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Aha! I have been going to "Latest Alerts" thinking that was the way to go. Thank you, loudbang. I will pass this along.

5. You're not alone. Been missing some of my notifications as well. Sometimes I get notified on an updated thread, but then another time the same thread is updated I don't. Some, it appears, I'm not receiving at all. No point in getting notified if I have to go to the watched thread list to see which threads have been updated. That doesn't sound right to me, but then I'm computer challenged, too.

6. Yep, "Latest Alerts" really are not (even if the name says they are); need to use "Watched Threads" which seems to get them all. Learned that one right after the change. Thought at first it had something to do with a difference between "watched" and "participated"; but it doesn't as far as I can tell.
    Something else to watch. When doing an advanced search, especially for parts for sale or to find a current thread, be sure to scroll down far enough to check the "most recent" box, otherwise the default of "most relevant" may mislead you.