Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not diggin it...

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by chopnweld, Sep 18, 2013.

1. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

If you can't say it here, where can you say it... ...this new format is making my head spin... ...divisive and confusing (and I'm a quick study). Its like dividing McDonalds into a burger store, a separate coca cola store and a separate building for fries. I know a lot about cars, and a ton about business, and websites. This is not progress, nor is it a good idea. Not to late to go back; remember the "New Coke" disaster; it can be saved. Just spittin the truth... ...as always. -Chop

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I don't think you are alone, and I can't find many threads that I feel like reading or posting on. It just doesn't have that same appeal it once did and I don't see where it eliminated any of the off topic threads that it was supposed to keep out. The HAMB used to have something for everyone to read and respond to, but the threads are pretty bland now.

I think the Coke analogy is pretty accurate. Not trying to whine or be negative, but just saying it like I feel it.

Don

3. I just go to the Hokey Ass Message Board, it's the same as it was for me.

4. ems customer service

ems customer service

i agree

5. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

6. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

i too am disappointed ...

7. 117harv

117harv

It is exactly the same, the origonal forum is still here with the ADDITION of new ones. Why is that so hard to figure out?

8. Go to the general forum and it is exactly the same as it always has been. I don't really understand how that is so difficult for people to understand. There is a problem with the search function in the general forum but Ryan has posted a thread that is stickied that solves the problem until they get it sorted out. Ignore all the other forums and you have the exact same thing you had before. What is the problem?

9. 117harv

117harv

^^^ Exactly.

10. RatPin

RatPin

On the topic of the search function. It has never worked right for me. Say if I go to advanced search and type in the box "1959" and "show titles only" Usually the most recent thread it brings up is over a year old, and that is for every topic I try searching for. I've never known WTF was up with that and it's pretty annoying.

11. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

There never would have been a need for this site to be revised if they had stuck to the original plan and focused on period correct traditional hot rods as the subject they originally preached. Yes, they would have hurt a lot of people's feelings along the way, but had they stay focused, there would've been no need for change or confusion.

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

If you go to the H.A.M.B., it's EXACTLY like it has always been! You see everything that has been posted in all of the other forums, just as we always have. The only problem I'm having at this point is that my favorites tab now taps me into the "traditional discussions" forum, so I have to remember to hit the "H.A.M.B." tab at the top of the page before I browse. I'll have to figure out how to make that work - probably should have had kids for that reason alone!

Guys, if I can figure it out... Well, it can't be that hard. I had to learn how to turn a computer on to get on the H.A.M.B. almost five years ago. Give it a chance.

13. Truth. The change has been a long time comin'...I love it!

14. AllSteel36

AllSteel36
    from California

Someone didn't read the info posted...

15. slammed

slammed

It's free....

16. stimpy

stimpy

just stay on the general HAmb board to see the listings , and when you answer a thread make sure you go back to the main board or you get stuck in the area that the question was asked .

as some think traditonal rods are only t buckets and A's , and forget the full fendered types like what we had to run in the midwest due to vehicle inspections and other clump them into customs which they were not .

17. evintho

evintho

I didn't want to be the first to say it but...............I don't like it either! Just seems too busy to me. I actually find that I'm not coming here as often as I used too. But, no matter what I say I'm sure the HAMB will live on!

18. firingorder1

firingorder1

Speed TV had a wonderful very active forum. Then they divided it up into different segments. It never was the same. By the time they had finished their fourth "improvement" there was literally about sic people left on the forum. That won't happen here but sometimes change is not a good thing. After all this forum is all about not changing.

19. 2racer

2racer

If profits drop then it will probably revert to what it was.

20. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Im talken real gun slingers Im talken real out laws.

21. k9racer

k9racer

Several years ago Hemmings Motor News did something like the new hamb and it confused a lot of folks.. About 3 issues later they went back to the old format.. I am just glad to come here look around and sometime post... Thank You... Bobby..

22. If you do it this way, you won't notice anything has changed! I think a lot of people are over thinking this change stuff. Or do different apps hardware see the site differently?

23. randy

randy

With as much play as the word "traditional" is getting the hamb may soon turn the word into the punchline of a tired joke. Remember "rat rod?" That wasn't a lame designation until overuse and misuse made it one.

I originally liked the HAMB because it was punk rock. It's changed a bit since those days but managed to keep it's edge...until now.

More moderators, more categories... TPS reports. Yeah, the rules haven't changed but the application of the rules as they affect the majority has.

The problem with editing content to the point of a pin is that it becomes obvious to the users that they are unwitting and unpaid employees in a business that seeks financial growth through focused marketing...and all on the backs of lowly (and often very talented) "volunteers."

Do a little research on the figures behind the curtain and gain a little insight on your favorite website...http://www.atomicindustry.com/about-atomic/

24. Ditto!

25. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Still works okay for me.

26. I agree.

27. larry k

larry k

"hey" member the wheel ?? "yea" the round thing with spokes in it ! did'nt somebody try to reinvent it one time ??? :confused:

28. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

didn't realize that...thanks for the tip.

I have to laugh at all you whiney goomba's that think the original hamb has changed...it really hasn't...it's just been relabled, but the main board is still the same.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  29. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I struggled at first. But then Ryan and his clan heard the complaints and put together the aggregate.

yeah, there are still a few challenges...searching, posting so it gets to the proper discussion...but in the end, it is still well worth the time to participate.

I can live with it.

30. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Go back to the way it was and add an "off topic" section.