Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not another 36 ford coupe!! Not another build!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jamesville, Nov 9, 2010.

1. nolly

nolly

Gadzooks!! looks even better in the daylight!! Jolly well done,Jamesville!!;):cool:

2. That car is the cats ass!!!

3. jamesville

jamesville
    from Copehagen

Jj, ask away!! That's the whole point of this place, I could not of built this car without all the questions I asked Hambers. But I am not sure if I would trust my answers:)

Again thanks to all the people that helped, you know who you are......

4. carbuilder

carbuilder

Jamesville Lincoln gears are you talking about in the trans or the rear end. I am still trying to figure out what to do for the trans & rear end in my roadster, motor will be a Ford of some kind.

5. jamesville

jamesville
    from Copehagen

Carbuilder, I am talking about in the tranny. Further Back in the thread I show about installing them. For me 1st and 2nd are significantly longer due to them, which is very nice.

For the rear I put in 3:54 and now there is not a peep from the rear end at top speed, or at any speed.

It was extremely difficult to decide what my setup would be, as I had no experience other than the 59ab flathead, 36 tranny and 4:11 gears. I just knew I wanted to go faster, to have a more realistic 1st and 2nd gears and get rid of the howling from the rear.

Well I have now got everything I wanted, I just wish I had a better clutch, well that will have to wait for winter to roll around.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  6. Very nice man, Looks Bitchin' dude....

7. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Looks really good!
    Is that black register plate for vintage vehicles in there?
    We have same type plates for pre 70 cars,with bikes the last year for black plates is 74'
    I ordered one for my 73' shovelhead asap when i found out that its possible to get one.

8. jamesville

jamesville
    from Copehagen

yes the black plates are for historic rides, i am in the process of adapting mine to fit in a 1940's license frame.

9. reefer

reefer

Great looking car...not lovin` the rear wheel/tyre combo, but you sure put a neat car together.

10. jamesville

jamesville
    from Copehagen

the wheel combo is a little different, it is taken from the idea of weekend racing back when they would turn up with their daily drive, and swap out the back wheels for slicks.

when i design a car or bike i like to take ideas from some kind of racing etc and play with it. it will not be for everyone, especially when will live in a time when people are a little obsessed about cars and bikes being exactly the same as they were in the 40's and 50's. if it was not done then, then we are not to do it...

to me it is about taking the past and moving into future. not that i have done it that much, but maybe i will when it comes to painting the car next year.

we need to move forward in some kind of way, i mean are we just going to build exact traditional hotrods forever???

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Ummm....Yup! Hopefully! Hahahah!!! I get ya though Jamesville. Some people can't be confined by the box and need to step outside of it to be happy. Other like to bleed the box for everything it's worth and stick to what was done. What ever makes ya happy bro because your car looks awesome!

12. That thing is the fookin' tits! I love it!
    Attitude.

13. Hansa1100

Hansa1100
    from Norway

Were you by chance driving past Kongens Nytorv Saturday evening? I'm pretty sure I saw a dark red 36 coupe, and I guess there aren't too many of those in Copenhagen! :cool:

14. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

cool build

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  15. jamesville

jamesville
    from Copehagen

Yes that was me, and there is only one 36 3w coupe in town. And only two maybe three in Denmark.

16. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

See you got the fenders hope they worked good for you and you were happy with them they look good on it.

17. jamesville

jamesville
    from Copehagen

Yes thanks Carlos. They are great.

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Sorry Jamesville I didn't get back to your PM. I was in the hospital with my son last week getting a tube up. I can maybe take some pics of the rear fender supports but the fronts might be out and in need to put them back.

19. jamesville

jamesville
    from Copehagen

Hey man no problem, when ever you have the time.

20. jamesville

jamesville
    from Copehagen

i have been enjoying the summer!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's rad Jamesville. I've been Mother F-ing my '35 all summmer haha!!

22. Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

23. wrenchin hobo

wrenchin hobo
    from Houston,TX

Yup, after all that work, I'm still impressed.

Great job, drive the wheels off it now!!!

J

24. jamesville

jamesville
    from Copehagen

This winter it will all start again, new pressure plate, new radiator, new rear fenders and some kind of interior.

25. 117harv

117harv

26. Definitely need an update! Or al least some pictures of old motorcycles.

27. studeboy

studeboy

Is it the rear fenders that is giving the illusion the axle is in the wrong spot? Nice build.

Just realized the last update was over a year ago. Oh well

28. teejay99

teejay99

A very inspiring story ...bravo for your perseverence and hard work in light of all the setbacks . I'm mourning the fact that it is a Chevy powered Ford but I'll get over it . Splendid work !

T

29. Seven months later still waiting for an update. Probably took it all the way apart again and put it back together. Right?

30. Come on...... Please!!!!!!