Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Not another '32 Ford..Arghhhh!!! Too many??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by garagerods, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I don't know, even though everybody's got one, I still kind of like mine.

[​IMG]

2. Harms Way

Harms Way

1,932 of course :D

3. erlomd

erlomd

I guess you havent seen a dry lake or a salt flat in some time...spend a minute there and this thread will cease to exist!
    [​IMG]

If this scene is getting old...call me ancient!

4. wizzard23

wizzard23

I like the 34!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. rokcrln

rokcrln

This one got my attention!

Kevin
    LFD Inc.

Attached Files:

6. erlomd

erlomd

wow...you put an ardun in it, and they will come!

i saw a 32 roadster at last years mooneyes x mas show with ardun heads....i was so mesmerized that it took me like 5 min. to realize it was just an ardun head bolted to a SBC man I felt shitty after that. but it did look good for 4min. and 59 sec.

7. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

I'm with you. I was called a snob and a elitist just cause I have a deuce and I love it.

8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

First let me appoligize if I offend anyone, I`m sorry. They are starting to be like 57 Chevys-and belly buttons= everybodys got one. Even if they don`t know a thing about cars, they still want one. They are plastered all over anything that sombody can sell to make a buck. Over commercialized. T-shirts, die-cast, posters, magazines,wall hangings, ties, hats, stickers ect.. ect... But if there`s a cool one, I`ll stop and look....LOL...and take a picture to hang on my wall. Do you see what everybodys talkin about now.

9. racer67x

racer67x

lol..its all smoke and mirrors

10. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

You mean to tell me I just bought a fad? Darn

Attached Files:

11. Diehard32

Diehard32

Looks like your one lucky fad owner. :rolleyes: Have fun and try to keep from smiling while driving. :D

12. oldskooloutlaw

oldskooloutlaw
    from Tulsa

I have always liked and even wanted one as a younger man, that being said they are just about as common as minivans but they are priced as if they were made of billet unobtainium. :rolleyes:

13. Shit I have a 57 chevy and a 32 ford. I better sell everything.

14. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

-
    I really don't understand comments such as the above in bold text!! Does everbody really have one?!?! I have gone to a local car meet on father's day where there is about 1000 cars(no joke). If I'm not mistaken, they were'nt all 1932 fords!! In fact, there were only 6 or 7 at the entire meet!! That's less than 1% of all the cars! The only show in my area that is a Deuce show is Northwest Deuce Days(which by the way any car pre-52 can go too). And the meet is only once every 3 years. At the height of the show only just over 400 deuces showed up for it. So if everyone has one, then I guess there's only 400 hot rodders out there.
    Yesterday was a beautiful day so I took my 32 ford out for a spin. Coincidentally I saw a 57 chevy that the guy really did a lot of work too, but I also saw a 50 ford shoebox. Also a nice car. I wonder why they weren't driving their 32 fords? I guess my point is that not everybody has a 32 ford and not everybody wants one either! It also seems to me that those who want one but can't afford one are the ones doing all the whining and complaining about how everybody has one!! By very fortunate circumstances I have one and feel damn lucky too cause it is my favorite car!

Why can't we all just get along no matter what our interests are? I may not be interested in your car, but that doesnt mean Im a snob, it just means Im not interested in your car. Its still a nice car, just not my cup of tea.

Just my 2 cents!!:)

OzMerc39 likes this.
  15. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Ducedreamer= I did not say I do not like them!!! I have the front fenders of a 57 Chevy and a 57 Buick grille in my posession. Someday I might own one As for the 32 FORD, I know where there`s 2 32 bodys sitting that can be bought reasonably. Bodys only- rough old stock car bodys with one original frame.Some day- lord willing I might own them. Do contact me I`M NOT TELLING. 5 Windows.

16. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Well this post by Stanlow69 only confirms what I said in my previous post. Again, why can't we all just get along?? Good luck in your pursuit of your dreams. Hopefully you will one day get one of those cars.

17. solid

solid

that thing is right on. I love it...

18. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

What?

19. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

I like A's better than 32's, possibly cuz A's are just in my price range. but if its a bad ass 32 ill be droolin over it!

20. humpie

humpie

I like a 32 if there done right,but i never have liked an exposed gas tank.I have a 28 5-window and everyone seems to forget that a 28 is the first model A

21. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I hate to be argumentative, but the first model A was actually built in 1903 to 1905. It had an 8hp engine with an advertised capability of 40mph. But I think this is probably getting a little off track for this Deuce bashing thread. :) :)

22. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

When you consider there are more 32 Fords in So Cal alone then Henry ever built i can see why someone could get tired of seeing them. There was probably like 40 or so out of 2000 cars at OKC last weekend. I personally am tired of fiberglass bodied, gold chainer owned, checkbook built ,cookie cutter , trailor queen, trophy whores being labled as 32 Fords when the body was Manufactured in 2008, assembled in 2009 and some SOB thinks its a 1932 Ford, what a freakin lie.
    Fiberglass bodied copy cars are for guys with penile implants dragging along some bitch with silicone tittys.

23. Harms Way

Harms Way

And yet,........ Not only do they usually demand a higher price than a all steel model A,.. they usually can get it. along with mass appeal & more attention, (If your into that sort of thing).

Hey, we all get it,.. some of you guys like Model A's or something else a lot more than 1932 Fords,.... Good,..... "Live long and prosper" (a little Spock lingo for ya). enjoy your favorite cars,... and be free.

My favorite cars are 1932-1934 Fords,.... sure, I like others as well, but these are my favorites, and I'm not going to be ashamed to admit it. Some of you, on the other hand,.. not only like your favorite year and make of car. But you find a adolescent hatred toward 1932 Fords? .... For what ?

I don't have a adolescent hatred toward what ever you find to make a Hot Rod out of,... So,.. explain the hatred to me,... Originally there were way more Model "T"'s and "A"'s produced that 32 Fords,.... and yet I still don't hate them. In fact I pretty much dig em' all,......

This entire "He-Man Deuce haters club" thing is just Irrational, arrogant, unjustified, & Childish, Just grow up, and let it go,..... go hug your Model A and sing kumbaya,... or what ever else you have to do release the hate,.....
    Life is way to short for this kind of stupid dialog.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
    hotrodA likes this.
  24. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

This is JUST not true ... :)

Henry Ford made a little over 212 thousand 1932 Fords.

There are NOT 212,000 1932 Fords in all of the USA ... much less California.

212,000 Deuces divided by 50 states is a little over 4 thousand Deuces per state.
    California may have 4 thousand Deuces ;) ... but you know NO OTHER state has over 300 ... with the possible exception of Texas :D

25. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I couldn't agree with this post more!! Saying there's more deuces in California then Henry built is just plain ludicrous.

26. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Id bet there's well over 10000 south of the grapevine

27. erlomd

erlomd

wish that were true...it be easy to find a 32 in the weeds or in a ditch way more often!...that is a nice thought though.

28. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

i just spit up my beer!!!

Have you seen some of them tittys.....hmmmmm :)

29. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Me, I will never understand how anybody into cars can actually hate:

Model A's
    32 Fords
    49-51 Merc's
    40-42 Willys
    Tri Five Chevy's
    T Birds
    Vettes
    Mustangs
    etc.

One my not be you cup of tea, you might have a brand thing going on, but even on cars I am not a huge fan of from time to time you will see a car and it will stop you dead in your tracks.

The 32 hate is stupid...how could somebody not go to the 75th several years ago and not be amazed at that gathering of cars? Same for the not so long ago merc gathering.

The penile implants thing is beyond dumb.

Live in you little world of hate dude and enjoy it.

30. Brewton

Brewton

Opinions Opinions.... I can't believe we are on an "traditional Hot Rod" site and some people are discounting/bashing '32 Fords and their owners. This is some silly shit!
    Some people have been reading too many kustom kulture magazines .... and that is my opinion!