Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Not another '32 Ford..Arghhhh!!! Too many??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by garagerods, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Way to lump all 32 owners together regardless of background of the owner, whether they built their own, or the style of the car.
    This is probably the dumbest thing I have seen stated on the HAMB in weeks. I don't think 32's are god's Gift to the car world - nor is any other car, and yes i won one (and by the way I've had a couple of Vettes as well - and I hated them, just bought em to make a dime on)

And you talk about cookie cutter cars, if someone had no prior knoweldge of Hot Rods and looked only on here, he would probably come to the conclusion that Model A's are cookie cutter. And that would be just about as wrong as your conclusion.

2. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

Just an FYI...

I didn't post this thread to bash on '32 owners. I know many and they're all cool guys and these guys all love their cars.

I do love the '32s and no, I don't own one.

But, yes I could buy one if I wanted too and I'm not jealous of those that have one.

My questions are really based on me trying to figure out if the 1932 ford is becoming over saturated in hotrodding? Note: I didn't say disappear.

And because there's so many, do people love them any less?

That's it.

Thanks for the replies!! :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  3. What is wrong with another 32
    It is like looking at tits, it's never boring and i can't stop looking :D

4. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

I don't even stop most of the time anymore especially when i see its fiberglass then i shake my head and walk on. I guess that's just me though. Model A's should be king.

5. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

Just me but I like both of these!! :D

I don't think I would give them the look over that they deserve if it was parked in a sea of other '32s at a show. :rolleyes:

6. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

^^^ That's true!!!

But what if your a plastic surgeon and you stared at tits every day for years.

Do still love them or do you get bored with them?

Or do you go to work and think "Damn, not another tit!" :rolleyes:

7. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

All others walk in the shadow cast by the greatness of the deuce coupe! To speak ill of her is nothing short of blasphemy. Mind your tounge mortal!

8. solid

solid

I like almost everything, but the 1932 ford is traditional hot rodding.

9. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Not another '32 Ford..Arghhhh!!! Too many??

Chhhh,,, it's not like they still make 32 Fords.... uhhh nevermind....

10. Harms Way

Harms Way

These threads are always a hoot !

Why do you think fiberglass 1932 Ford parts were first made by Dee Wescott in 1958 ?

Why do you think that back in the 40's and 50' "THE" car to have for any aspiring Hot Rodder was a 1932 Ford ?

Why do you think (in any given economy over the last 70 years) the 1932 Ford market value is, and has always been high (compared to other makes and models)?

Has it ever dawned on any of the "he-man deuce haters club" that the reason there are soooo many Deuces (Reflecting every era of Hot Rodding spanning 70 years) made of many different materials, is because of a little thing called "MASS APPEAL !"

In other words MOST PEOPLE LIKE THEM,.... This is why everyone was so getty with excitement when good quality Fiberglass bodies came out, Finally you to could own & build the car you always wanted, that always eluded you,.. BECAUSE THEY WERE (and are) SOOOOOO POPULAR ! without the restoration and Resto-Rod comming down on you with both feet !

I really like 32' Fords, always have and always will,... You (on the other hand) don't have to,... frankly I don't care what you like,.... only you should care what you like,... And if someone doesn't like your "All Steel 1941 Hudson 4 door" with black primer and red wheels,... (Cause we all know, thats more of a "real" hot rod then the fiberglass Traditional Deuce Highboy Roadster, that has been out on the road killing bugs and going to events in the name of Hot Rodding for the last 35-40 years) screw em' .

I guess because of the popularity of the 1932 Ford,... I carries a target on it back from some,.... But based on the facts,... MOST people like them, and thats why Most Rodders want one,..... and thats why you see soooooo many of them.

But this is just my humble opnion !

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  11. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Having had an "A" and a 37 sedan I realize that a deuce is not for everybody. I was never happy with the A or the 37. I kept looking and decided that I really loved the looks, style and the stance of a 32. I bought my tudor in 1989 and have never regretted it. I was lucky to find it at the right time, price and place for me. Some people like collecting guns, dolls, coins or gold chains. Fine, if thats their thing, well enough. If I could afford it I'd have one of almost everything, a Jag, a Lambo , a woodie (any year), a Corvette and a Ferrari. What I've got is my deuce and I love it.

12. Muttley

Muttley

13. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

the guys i know that dont really like a '32 is because they much prefer the model A bodies. i guess its not that they dont like them, just that they prefer another style. i can see and respect that.

what i cant respect is this...
    [​IMG]

so neener, neener....lets stop beating a dead horse!

14. erlomd

erlomd

heres a thought something i would like to see...how about a 33-34 ford body with a 32 grill, 32 dash and 32 firewall, fenderless with the ass end up to see that quick change rear and the front end LOW
    powered by a flathead mill with a 3 pop and some lakester pipes with bias plys big and littles. all black with no chrome....cast EVERYTHING!

is that a funky order or what! so crazy that it might be cool....

15. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

They're like belly buttons but I've got five. They may all look alike but this weekend at the show at OKC there was a roadster that had been pulled out a garage in CA recently that had been built in the early 60s and a chopped pu that a customer of mine had just found that had been built in the 50s. That's what makes them addictive. They are surviors.

16. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Exactly ... :)

There is no denying the fact that all the reproduction fiberglass and Brookville 32's have diluted their visial IMPACT. Back in the late 60's and early 70's ( when I first got Deuce fever ) ... You rarely saw a 32 Ford at a Hot Rod event and almost NEVER saw one on the streets around where I lived.

But most rodders can easily tell a original Henry Deuce from all the reproductions.

[​IMG]

And I believe ... most any rodder who really wants a original 1932 Ford ... can end up with one ( or two ) ...

IF ... they work at it.
    :D :D

I never made what folks call BIG MONEY ... :rolleyes:
    I worked for the local government.
    I bought/sold/traded and worked my way into the 2 Henry cars
    shown above ( without ever using money from a 40 hour a week pay check. )

I did work a part-time job for almost 20 years.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  17. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

I dont.

18. sabre62

sabre62

I fell in love with the Duece when I was about 14-15, Now I am 75, they did not have chevvy tilt columns and automatics and dragging the ground with a mustang 2 front end
    then and mine doesn,t now. Having said this I respect the changes as I would the clothes and hairstyles of the next generation, They saw something also in this timeless car that caught Americas fancy, for whatever reason. The real rodder is the guy or gal who puts his hands to work and builds his own car their way. That my friend is what brings us all together in our love for the cars any make or year.

19. sarmentrout

sarmentrout
    BANNED
    from Camden NC

I choose and build a car because it's what I want. I build it the way I like it. I don't choose a car, color, engine based on the idea of hoping someone will pull off the road to look at it or ooo and ahhh slobbering on it..lol
    Build what you want the way you want it! .........I just ordered a 32 Ford 04/13/2010........look the other way when you pass me... bet you won't ....lol

20. Diehard32

Diehard32

Interesting view points as always. Gotta love the H.A.M.B. I sure do, and it's mainly because of the difference in every one of us. We are individual in what we want and what we like to look at.

I'm almost 50 and I went to my first Street Rod event in 1990 and fell in love with not only the Hot Rod scene, but the art and lines of the cars/trucks of the 20's, 30's & 40's. Something about a '32 Roadster grabbed my attention and after 12 years of reading every single article in the street rodding mags and attending hundreds of car shows, I purchased what I wanted and what I could afford at the time. After almost 8 years of collecting parts and fabricating the build of "my" dreams, I went on my first weekend Rod Run/Show this past weekend with my modified Speedway Lo-Boy '32 Roadster and it was all I dreamed it would be.

The Lonestar Roundup in Austin, TX is not only one of the most versatile shows around, it exemplifies the true roots of hot rodding with the acceptance of all to drive what you personally have a passion for. Mine just happens to be my roadster. Even though fiberglass, no one looked away as we drove by. No one quit waving or smiling or giving us a thumbs up. Most of all, I couldn't quit smiling myself, because I was enjoying my dream come true and sharing it with the other rodders on the road. Thanks to you all.

As traditional as this forum is, you all inspire me to enjoy Hot Rodding for what it has always been, to drive what you want because it's your ride. So after 20 years of watching all of you having fun, I get to enjoy it with you. Thanks again.....:)

Attached Files:

• mail.jpg
      mail.jpg
      File size:
      20.7 KB
      Views:
    OzMerc39 and shortypu like this.
  21. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

I still like checking them out.

They will not go out of style but they will keep evolving.

I am 36 and that car was produced for my Grandfathers generation. It is more popular now than ever before, I don't see that changing at least not til i am dead and gone anyway.

If you look at the cross section of people on this site there are quite a few young guys on here to carry the deuce torch.

A 5w is on my bucket list:D

OzMerc39 likes this.
  22. kookee

kookee

I like them. I do look at traditionally styled 32's, real or not. Like all car guys, I appreciate the work and commitment to put it on the road. Pretty or not.

What I do not like is the arrogance of some 32 Ford owners. I would love to say that it is a limited to a select few, but many times it feels like the majority. Like some elite club of owners.

I have even seen these people attack other owners of 32's here on the HAMB with "Your trunklid is repro, so it is not a real 32 Ford, blah blah blah". These are the folks that give me a rash.

In the end, a 32 Ford is no better than any other vehicle cherished by their owners. Once you think your better than the next guy, you have just alienated from what makes hot rodding great, and care more of value $$ than experience.

Iconic - Yes
    Better than the rest - Pfft, yeah right.

OzMerc39 likes this.
  23. A lotta guys do,,,HRP

24. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

A guy came over to look at a truck I had for sale. When I showed him my 32 I am building he said "I just got back from a goodguys show and said If I see another 32 Ford I am gonna puke". Then he got in his 1969 Camero and drove off.
    I like Cameros, but isn't that the pot callin the kettle

25. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

hand raised...waving

bowie and kidcampbell71 like this.
  26. deucegasser

deucegasser

I like em. My only two oversaturation points are the Louisville Nats and Rodders Journal.

27. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I don't understand why 32 ford owners are called snobs just because they like a specific vehicle. Mustang and Camaro owners aren't called snobs and they have events and even magazines just for them!! You don't see a 32 ford club or magazine out there. If so point me in that direction cause I love 32 fords. That doesn't mean I'm a snob. I'm all for people buying/building whatever they want. I couldn't care less. Me personally, I enjoy the 32 ford and am lucky enough to have one. Oh ya, while fordor Deuces aren't my favorite, I still like em too!

28. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

search H.A.M.B. Deuce Club...:)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  29. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

It is the essential hot rod. Perfect lines. But yeah, they begin to blend in.

30. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

so how many cool points does a person get for hating 32 Fords?