Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Not another '32 Ford..Arghhhh!!! Too many??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by garagerods, Apr 8, 2010.

1. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

They're everywhere!!!

Ok...Don't beat my up 'cuz I love them.

I needed a catchy way to lead into a question.

You have to admit (or at least I'm admitting to myself)...you go to a show and there are many different '32's. They're everywhere!!!

Steel, 'glass, repops, etc..and in every style, color, lo-buck, hi-buck, build combination that seems possible.

The question:

Do you stop, look and admire a '32 Ford as much as say 5, 10, 15+ years ago?

I noticed that I don't even stop anymore when I see one. I definitely look, but it has to be something I've never seen before I stop.

I admire and respect any ride that someone has their personality and sweat buried in and I do love '32's.

What do you think?

Will '32's always keep they're seat on top of the hot rod mountain or will they succumb to the same fate as the custom chopper did after all of the TV shows and the yuppies got done with them?

2. bonesy

bonesy

They are just a fad.......... a 75+ year old fad.

I still love them when done right.

3. satan'schariot

satan'schariot

we were talking about this just the other day,the cobra repops are the worst.can't go to a show with out 30 of them there! 32's are just about as bad.the really sad thing is I used to love them both.

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

IMHO
    The Deuce is king and always will be,... I always slow down to look at a 32-34 Ford,... but mostly the Deuces,.... there are those that will tell you they hate 32's and how over rated they are,... but in the end,... The Deuce's mystique will always remain a pinnacle in Hot Rod history as well as with the restoration crowd,....

bowie likes this.

5. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

You are right just a fad, I better get rid of mine before the FAD fades. :)

6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Get a 55 chevy:D
    I also like to see something out of the ordinary when I go to a show etc.
    But it wouldnt be the the same without the cars that have TRADITIONALY
    been THE Hot Rod for years

7. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

I find myself looking at model a's a lot more only because they are more then often built with a traditional rod style while a majority of the 32's are fiberglass and painted like easter eggs.

Jim the Sweep likes this.
  8. TMoney

TMoney

I agree, it would have to be the right '32 to pull over and look.

9. rexrogers

rexrogers

Trends come and go but I think the 32 will always stay, For one the aftermarket supports the car the intial cost of a 32 body might be more but what other car can you find so many diffrent parts that are reproduced for it. We go through phases at the shop four years ago we had a shop full of 32 roadsters some real some Brookville. then it changed over to a few highboy coupes 3 and 5 windows with a couple of sedans thrown in. after that full fendered coupes unchopped. This year only one 32 in the shop a five window unchopped full fendered. a lot of 32 hanging in the wings waiting for some one to start a projectand bring them back to the hot rod world. Mostly right now everyone wants something diffrent and a strict budget. I hope 32 don't fad away i have spent thelast ten years working on them can't let that experiance go to waste might have to pull my sedan down and hammer on it for a bit just to get the feel for the 32 steel again

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

It's way too early to tell if the '32 fad will last. Sure, it started as soon as the first one rolled off the line and has continued unabated for 78 years, but give it some time, Americans are fickle and never stay infatuated with anything for very long.:rolleyes::p

Frank

11. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

hot rodded then,, hot rodded now, hot rodded in the future.I never get tired of a 32 of any style

12. I for one am getting tired of mine. I've had it since 1991 and I'm tired of people staring and waving and giving thumbs up when I drive down the road and taking pictures of it and asking endless questions when it's standing still.

13. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Don't get me wrong they are cool and bring piles of cash.
    But they just don't float my boat. Growing up every other 32 was a fiberglass car caused me to start over looking that year model. My 2 cents

14. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

The question:

Do you stop, look and admire a '32 Ford as much as say 5, 10, 15+ years ago?

I noticed that I don't even stop anymore when I see one. I definitely look, but it has to be something I've never seen before I stop.

I feel the same way about every make, model and year. I never stop and look unless I see something either unique or subtle or really well done. After dozens of car shows and thousands of cars why would you, regardless of whether it's a '32 or not. Generally this kind of question comes from individuals who don't own a '32.

15. I still love them when they're done right. However, an A roadster is just as cool. And as a few others mentioned, model A's tend to be more traditionally styled.

16. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Personally I love Deuces!!! I will never get tired of looking at them, even if I've seen the same car before. I love every body style too, although some more than others. I used to like a number of different cars but I've noticed over the past 4-5 years I've become obsessed with the duece and generally am not interested in much else. Don't get me wrong there are other nice cars out there, but for me my interest lies in pre-1937 and especially the deuce. My wife says I'm single minded, but that's ok with me....:)

17. erlomd

erlomd

well i think the problem here lies on why? i belive 32's have become the thing to have when you turn 60 and retire crowd...and they are all dressed up in the shiniest billet and top italian leather interior with the most eye popping paint the industry just came out with and debut at the last SEMA convention.....WRONG!!! all wrong! every time I go to a local car show its always the same 32 or a clone in another color. however...
    there dosent seem to be a time of day where i dont think about 32's....its just that what I see in my head and what I belive looks right just isnt popular or not as widely recognized anymore....dropped I beam, Flathead, polyglass tires drum brakes and a hot blonde in the passenger seat! we all want to see these types of things with clever little hand built engineering to motivate you on your project. but the reality is that most of the best hotrods we will ever see are right here on the hamb!

its really sad that these things happen....the porsche speedster made out of a vw, the fiero that was turned into a lamborghini thats missing a few chromosomes, and of course the 32 ford with 20" billet wheels on the T shirts of up comming goodguys events.

In the end you build what you want, but that phrase is far too widely used...it should be restated as build it to annoy the guy with the $100,000 trophy winner wearing a button shirt with flames and white sneakers! and yes, even if its made out of fiberglass!

18. cruzr

cruzr

Id love to have a 5 window 32 coupe.........just cant afford it...so i guess i am stuck with my A-Bone

19. 2-TONED

2-TONED

heres how it works:
    what "ALWAYS" was/is good always has been & always will be!!! they have always been desireable & will continue to be.

when the internal cumbustion engine is banned from the public streets & hot rods & muscle cars are obsolete (owners will be paying people to take their hot rods & muscle cars off their hands) maybe you will get fined for just owning a running one?
    hopefully they have certain days or places you can drive a polluting gas engine around & when people have their choices for 'anything' at pennys on the dollar they will be after that always desireable deuce coupe or roadster, 34 3 window, hemi cuda, LS-6 chevelle, 55/57 belair convert or hardtop, nomad, early vette or T-bird, etc...etc... the stuff thats in demand thats always been in demand & desireable will forever be.

my opinion: NO the Deuce will ""NEVER"" fall to the wayside!

what would replace a 32 3 window coupe?

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'll look at the good ones, ones that catch my attention. I ALWAYS look at '32 parts in a flea market.:)

21. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Well said, Harms Way !!!

22. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love 'em--------------TO DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

i will stop and drool at every traditional or original '32 i see. street rodded '32's? they may get a peek depending on how scary the overall car is lol

this never gets old...
    [​IMG]

this DOES!!!
    [​IMG]

24. Baja Bandido

Baja Bandido

I definitely stop but what gets my eye is the unchopped survivor. I love to see old metal look like it originally did off the assembly line. But I do like customs as well but you get my drift.

aussie57wag likes this.
  25. I'd rather look at 32's than the 30+ mustangs or camaros.

Guess i'm bias coz i've got a 5 window.. haha

26. woodandbike

woodandbike

A nice rod is a nice rod,whether it is a '32 or '28. I'll look at em all no matter how many of what car I see.

27. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I agree with you. But for me the Deuce is king and always will be. I would be fooling myself if I ignored my obsession!!:):):)

28. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Simple, everyone likes 32's. Even the 4 doors.

29. Sometimes I find when going to a few different shows and seeing so many '32s its like your looking threw a catalogue. Oh look he picked...
    -wheel option... 4
    -paint option... 7
    -upholstery option... 12

And most of em have TCI frames, 350/700R4, 8 inches... fucking boring! And most of em are kitcars and the fucking owners act as if they invented hotrodding but don't even work on their own damn cars. Holy rant eh! hahaha

I'd also like to see R&C or other mainstream magazines go at least TWO months without having a '32 grill on the cover (never been done I bet;))

-Shiny

aussie57wag likes this.
  30. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

I am gonna go ahead and put my flame proof suit on.....

In my opinion, '32 owners are just like Vette owners, they believe '32s are God's gift to the car world and when anyone says otherwise it is either because they don't own one and "just don't get it" or because they don't own one and are just jealous. It can't be because we just have differant taste in cars could it.

I have seen so many cookie cutter '32s it makes me sick, when I do see one that is exceptionally done or done differently I take note and check it out just as I would any other make. For me I just dont find them all that appealing, I would rather have an A before a '32, I just love the look of a windshield visor. As far as roadsters go I would rather have a T than a '32 but thats just my opinion. After all I don't own one and I am just jealous because I don't get it.