Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not a bad weekend....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greasemunkey, Feb 2, 2009.

1. greasemunkey

greasemunkey
    from katy, TX

Well, after being on this site for a short while, I've often found myself in awe at some of the steals you guys accidently stumble upon... Whether it's curiously combing through all of the spam bombs on craigslidt, or pestering that old man who has rejected your 561st inquiry about the old steal on his farm...you know, "the one he's gonna fix up some day"...

Most of the time I read and follow along in admiration, hoping and dreaming that someday, I too will stumble upon that diamond in the rough...That sucker, that guy whose hard luck is my good luck, or the old lady that just needs to clean out her garage...

Truth is, it's all about timing....

A month or so back, a buddy of mine, that I once worked with and I started catching up...A couple of b.s. phone calls about how bad we hate having to work for a living and paying taxes...yada, yada, yada...
    when he mentions in passing selling his old fairlane, because his dad really wants to sell his house and the car is becoming an eyesore in the driveway.

So, I bite...how long has it been there, was it running for long before you parked it? (He and I didn't keep too closely in touch after I lost my gig...never lost contact, just no catching up too often.) Needless to say, I mentioned, "yeah let me know I'll take it off your hands..."

I've got a son that will have a couple years between now and legal driving age, and he's really looking for an identity all his own...seems the kids these days are all into the muscle car era... Well, for what I paid, we can wrap it around a tree and still get back a profit...

Well a couple conversations later, and I got a steel steal....
    I know it's not much to some, but American is American...atleast up until 20 years ago....hope it's worth sharing the pics....

Attached Files:

2. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

It "looks fast". Nice grab. :)

3. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Cool lookin old Ford. Hmmmm, ...... FE, ..... dual quads, .....four speed,.......:cool::D

4. Thats a cool '65 Galaxie..Interesting taillight treatment too.

5. 64krusty

64krusty

thats a cool car just the way it is, it would be great for a kid

6. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Oh yeah that is interesting the taillights!

And just those frigging Cragar's are probably worth $$$

7. Thats a Custom, bottom of the line Galaxie's and they had the round tailights. It's a 2 door post, too. Would make a neat A/FX lookin car. My first car was a 66 Galaxie 500 2 door hardtop. It was a 352 auto car. Radio delete, but had cruise and a power bench seat! I was the second owner. I eventually built a mean 390, stout C-6 and stuffed a posi in the 9" rear. I had a lot of fun in that car, cruising, racing and girls. I got it when I was 16 and sold it when I was 20 to put a down payment on my house.

Have fun!