Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not a 32 Ford 3 window, but I like it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DMFB, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Diehard32

Diehard32

Awesome build man...... Gonna miss seeing ya at the Roundup though. Maybe shoot for Billetproof in June.

2. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

You do nice work. Lookin' good!

3. DMFB

DMFB

Thanks Diehard and John! I will definitely be at Billetproof, if I'm not livin in yankee land again.

4. rustyhood

rustyhood

Im glad to see you taking your time and doing an awesome job! E-mail me some pics of that 30 A and that flatty you got, I am really looking forward to seeing them to. I am hoping I can have a hand in helping you build that one. Just a matter of time and Im impatient. :rolleyes: :D

5. Good progress. I like the fact that your dad comments on this thread. Is he a ways away or just addicted to the HAMB?

6. DMFB

DMFB

Hey wfoguy, thanks for the compliment. As for your question about my dad, the answer is both. We are 800 miles apart, and have to watch each others progress on the HAMB. How about that....The H.A.M.B even keeps families together. This place rocks! haha

7. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Your doing a great job! Keep up the good work. 32 3 windows suck, especially fiberglass ones! LOL, keep us posted.
    David

8. rustyhood

rustyhood

Hopefully in the near future we can close that mileage to about 1 block. hahahaha!!!!
    And Amen to having HAMB to keep us up on our builds. This place does Rock!

9. HarleyJess

HarleyJess
    from Tyler, TX

I'm so proud of you babe. You are such a talented person. It is gonna be so freaking sweet when your done.. Then on to the 5 window. :) Love you bunches.

10. rustyhood

rustyhood

I loved the post Jess did! talkin about buttering someone up to get you started on the A. :D
    That is going to be a cool build to. I just stopped by to see if you made any progress and posted more pic's. I need an update fix! :p

11. DMFB

DMFB

I got the cab on the frame, finally gotta a look with it kinda together. Man o man am I excited! Here are a few pics, what do you guys think? I am hoping to have it in paint this weekend.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Are you going to run an oil cooler? I have heard they are very useful on the 500 Cad motor - ask the Caddy guys to make sure, but I know those motors put out a lot of heat. And yours looks hot!

13. DMFB

DMFB

Thanks for the heads up! I haven't heard anything, so I will ask around. I definitely do not want any problems in that department.

14. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

15. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

16. I like the cab. Since you asked. The scoop,carbs,intake look like intentional(ratrod) overkill. Bedside tops and Ratfink deal are kinda corny. Could be a really neat truck if you laid off the cheese a little bit, but you like it and that is all that matters right? You asked. Opinions are like assholes. Everyones got one.

17. rustyhood

rustyhood

It looks BAD ASS!

18. Nice chop. I´m thinking this could turn out pretty nice.
    Maybe use a different/early style of scoop though?

19. Interesting build, but that track bar angle on the rear could be trouble.

20. DMFB

DMFB

I have no problem with critisism, but I thought huge motors in small/light vehicles was called hot rodding. Shit, I've got this all wrong.

21. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Looks really good, I like this project a lot. Those front-mounted oil filters on those GM cars might look kind of weird hanging out there in the open. Maybe you could paint it black or the color of the engine to hide it a little bit? I don't know, to me it kind of sticks out. Maybe that won't be the case when you have a radiator and everything up there.

Just a thought, really cool build. I'm gonna follow this one.

22. BEAR

BEAR

23. DMFB

DMFB

Builtfercomfort, thanks for the hookup man! I appreciate you taking the time to send that to me. Temper Mental, Strange Agent, and Bear, thanks a ton for the compliment! Scrap Iron, I had the same concern about my pan hard bar. It clears with the travel, but there is a little more shift than what I'd like with the full travel of my bags, but at ride height and normal travel, it is ok. It is something I may reconfigure before she hits the road.

24. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Man danny I would kiss your ass but its not that cute the truck is killer hope you wont be to hunch backed. If you chop chop the shit out of it!! if you gonna get a big motor get the biggest now flame the shit out of it fuck the skeptics !! build on you will make it have fun and do it your way !! Sometimes not being a follower is tough but worth every second of grief you cause them kick ass and take numbers !!P.S doesent kraut go well with wenniers!!

25. rustyhood

rustyhood

I would like to see more updates and pics!

26. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

i like!!!!!!!!!

27. 28RPU6

28RPU6

Damn Danny, you have been busy. I stopped by today to check in on your ride and on John. You have worked out a lot of the little issues. It looks like you are getting closer. It looks really good.

28. big creep

big creep

you are on the right track! looks sick!!!

29. DMFB

DMFB

Thanks Stephen and Big Creep! I have done a ton since the last post. I ditched the tunnel ram, seemed to be more of a hassle then anything, not to mention the off the line power it would rob. I am just going to run the stock intake for a while, and see how that goes. I finally got all of the lines and shit ran, stripped it again, and painted the frame dark grey metallic. I repainted the cab and bed too. I didn't like how flat the paint was before. Now its a medium gloss. Looks great. I'm building the headers now, so hopefully I'll get to hear it run this week! Maybe I'll get to drive it before it gets cold again, haha. Thanks for all the compliments, I appreciate it. I'll post some pics tomorrow most likely.
    -Danny

30. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

this bobber truck would of been badass in 2003 when they were cool.