Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not a 32 Ford 3 window, but I like it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DMFB, Mar 7, 2010.

1. DMFB

DMFB

Ok ok, I have been asked a bunch of times why I haven't posted any progress pics/build thread of my truck. The reason is because it isn't overly traditional. It is definitely a hot rod, so I guess I will go for it. This is my first hot rod I built from the ground up, with the help of some good friends. I am going to have to do this through a few post. The truck is a 1940 Chevy that served it's life as a Conoco service truck. It was in horrible condition (pictures do not do justice to the amount of metal NOT in this truck when I got it, lol) I have been working on it for about 9 months at this point. I am trying to have it ready for round up. The frame was hand built, 4 inch Z, and a 14 inch kick up. All of the brackets and shit were made by me ( I run a laser in a fab shop...I know I know....cheating). The bed I also fabricated. The cab has a 6 1/2 inch chop, and the pillars have been laid back. I built the floor out of 1X1 .125 square tubing. The drive train is a 74 500 Caddy. It has a Mutha Thumpr cam (first one sold by Comp), MTS rocker ass, solid lifters, Moly Rings, Clevite bearings, heads milled 40, beehive springs, 429 Cobra Jet Weiand tunnel ram, Holley 625 cfm carbs that will unleash its wrath through Lakes headers, TH400 with 2800 stall and shift kit, and a 9 inch ford with 3:70 gears. Ok, now with some pictures.

2. DMFB

DMFB

3. DMFB

DMFB

IN the next set of pics is the gauge cluster I designed and cut out of mirrored stainless, the header panel I made, and drip rails I fabbed up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. DMFB

DMFB

Alright, here are pics of the chassis and bed after being painted. Also, a couple progress pics of the cab. It is close to getting paint now. Anyways. There you go. Sorry the pics jump in progress. Most of my pictures are on the other computer. Hope you guys like it, if not, we have a saying around here....it's my tricycle, and I'll paint it whatever color I want. haha. I do want to thank Terry Montgomery (Nailhead Terry), John Kitchens, Connor, Jimmy, Kevin, Stephen (28RPU), Ed, and most importantly my wife for all the help. Well, my wife mostly for simply putting up with my ass, haha.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Senica

Senica

That is gonna be hot as hell!!!

6. tjackson

tjackson
    from Oregon

BADASS! Can't wait to see more!

7. DMFB

DMFB

Here is a pic of the pass side door while reshaping it. Also a pic of the old rear window, and the new piece I made and welded in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. DMFB

DMFB

Thanks guys. I'm excited to see it all together....more so to finally drive it!

9. rustyhood

rustyhood

It's about time you put this build on here!!! Now I can see it transform. I cant wait to see that motor together and sitting in. That is going to be so Bad Ass!!! You have done amazing things with that old chebby since you first got it home! I to would love a 32 Ford 3 window but we build what we have. I am very proud of you son! Keep those pics coming!!! :D

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  10. DMFB

DMFB

I got the stainless backing plate in behind my tailgate. I think it looks pretty bitchin.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. rustyhood

rustyhood

I love it!!!! Looks Bad Ass!!!!!

12. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Dude thats one nice truck you have there!
    Im more of a kustom/lowrider guy but i would love to own a toy like yours!
    Your metal wok is also inpressive. Do you work on commission also?

13. DMFB

DMFB

The 429/460 Ford intakes will work with an adapter plate and a custom valley pan. The ports are line up great. I made mine, but you can get the adapter plate through MTS. Also, if anyone wants to run a Thumpr cam in their 472/500, just get the Thumpr. I have went through a lot of shit to run the Mutha Thumpr. I hope it is worth it! Also, thank you Bonez very much for the compliment. Me and the guys at the shop love to build anything car related. Let me know what you have in mind, I'm sure we can help.

14. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Good to know, i have many things in mind, a little to early now for dress up items but i now know who to call when the time comes.
    Thanx mate!

15. rustyhood

rustyhood

How's it lookin for round up son? Im going to the swap meet Saturday at the Expo. Are you needing anything I can look for? Let me know.

16. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

What are the rims and tires combo that you have pictured?

17. DMFB

DMFB

I don't think the truck is going to see the roundup this year dad. Too much to do still, which isn't nearly as much of a problem as the lack of funds. The little stuff is a nightmare. As for the rims/tires, I belive them to be Keystone, the white trash step brother of Cragar, haha. The front tires are VW 165SR15 and the rears are vintage Hurst cheater repops. I am in the process of cleaning them up and painting them silver/black....like torque thrust. Also, bones, let me know when you are ready. We will help you make some really cool stuff.

18. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

19. DMFB

DMFB

Thanks Model A Citizen!

20. 28RPU6

28RPU6

Hay Danny, how would those keystones look on a motorcoach? Just kidding. Get those motor pics posted. It looks great. Looks like somebody is closer.

21. rustyhood

rustyhood

I was really hoping to see those motor pics this morning, my cell is a POS when it comes to viewing photos. Sorry about round up buddy, I know you were working your heart out to make it. But the upside of this is" it will be one awesome ride when it's done!

22. Jibs

Jibs

I like your choice of engines, keep the pictures coming. JJibs

23. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Hey Danny your old truck is cool but you keep macking refrance to using condoms and fiber glass cars . We know you dont have a glass car and your not allowed sex so where did this referance come from maybe aids prevention! hidee hoo!

24. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

DMFB...man stop apologizing, hell the 32 thing is well covered. and your HOTROD is very impresive! just enjoy being different. I know that old hoopy would make me proud, and brother when it's finished. you'll say WHAT 32? HA! it's refreshing to see NEW IRON. good luck with your build, realy it's fantastic!!!...POP.

25. DMFB

DMFB

Got the motor assembled, painted, and on the chassis! Man, now it is really starting to look like something, haha. I have felt like I was chasing my own tail for months. Feels good, thats all I can say. I can't wait to get the brake lines and fuel lines ran, so I can see the cab sitting up there! Thanks so much for the compliments guys! Oh yeah, kiss my ass Terry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. rustyhood

rustyhood

Damn that looks so wicked!!!! I love it! ah hmm....Son that just dont look right sitting on that frame.....maybe we need to just throw that in my old panel! :D Good job! can't wait to hear it run, it's going to be BAD ASS! ;)

27. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Awesome.....great inovation on your part.
    Cheers,
    Bob

28. DMFB

DMFB

Thank you! I will have more progress pics coming soon. I'm about tired of doing body work, lol.

29. DMFB

DMFB

Dad, you can have the motor, come over and get it! haha. Oh, I got my flathead for the coupe Friday!

30. rustyhood

rustyhood

I'll wait and you can help me build mine......:D
    I can't wait to hear that motor run. :rolleyes: