Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nostalgic Match Races 135wb fed vs. 96wb aa/fa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by R.C., Aug 15, 2008.

1. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

Well I have been talking with my dad about doing some match races. We have "TALKED" about it for a while, and the talk is over. When I first got married I had a Top Fuel nostalgic dragster that I put every dollar that I had into, and right after I had my son I said that it would have to go, and never got it to the track.
    Now some 4 years later it still bothers me that I never got it down the track. So this week I have started building a 96in wb AA/FA, will look more like the early "Pure Hell" altered. I have talked with my chassis guy and he will have it rolling around December.
    My dad and I are going to do some match races were ever they will let us. I would love to travel all over the US and do this, so I will see what happens. Should have the car finished by spring time 09, but sooner if anyone want to help with $$, parts or man power any thig would help.
    This is what I will have to face up with..........

Attached Files:

2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

You come to California and I'll help with some hospitality. If I were closer to a Drag Strip we could do some sort of local Promo........Someone from Bakersfield would be great!

3. zombie

zombie

that would be great for dragfest in may at famoso.

4. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Ryan, feed me and I'm on your "crew".

5. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

Right on.........

6. Cool pics.
    Today is first raceday for my senior dragster as I call it. /6 auto with 6 tillotsons. It is also 96 inch wheelbase but a FED.
    My pal has a RED non nostalgia and drove mine around the yard yesterday I could hardly get him out if it. He liked the motor up front. He must think he was driving his backwards all these years. I hope to have some video tonight. We shall see.
    Don

7. Rusty

Rusty

IS Don Ross Building the chassis

8. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

No, it is being built in Austin TX