Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nostalgia Races in Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hyper Henry, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Hyper Henry

Hyper Henry

So what's it take to get our American friends to hop over the border and participate in some of the very cool nostalgia races being held in Ontario?? I know myself and many many others are always going to races in the US so how about you guys coming over to see if you can handle the Canadian racers and the beer....lol. Especially you guys that run Gassers; bring them over and show us what you got!!
    Some dates to consider are:
    May 19-20 at St.Thomas Raceway Park with the ONDR. The 19th will have a Gasser class with a minimum payout of $500 plus trophy and plaque. More $ to be added as sponsors come in!
    June 29-30 at Grand Bend Motorplex with the ONDR for the Nostalgia Days weekend sponsored by K.T. Backhoe and Trucking Service. The 29th will have a Gasser class with a larger payout (still to be finalized) plus trophy and plaque!
    July 7th at St.Thomas Raceway Park for the CK Nationals. There will be Gasser and Open Wheel class with large payouts plus trophys and door prizes!
    Aug.4-5 at Toronto Motorsports with the ONDR. The 4th will have a Gasser class with a minimum payout of $500 plus trophy and plaque. More $ to be added as sponsors come in!
    Aug 11-12 at St.Thomas Raceway Park for the E.L.T.A. Big Go Drags. Huge event with people coming in from all over! More details to come shortly.
    Sept. 8-9 at St.Thomas Raceway Park for the Hot Rod Reunion sponsored by London Major Appliances. The 8th will have a Gasser class with a LARGE payout plus trophy and plaque. There will also be exhibtion cars and a car show. If you can only make one this is the one to get to. Pit spots start filling up as early as Thursday!
    Sept 22 at Grand Bend Motorplex with the ONDR will have a Gasser class with a minimum payout of $500 plus trophy and plaque. More $ to be added as sponsors come in!

More info to be added as it becomes available. Any questions you can ask here or send me a pm.

`

28Hud and Stogy like this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would like to attend a run what you brung type of event Ottawa/Kingston way which is not to out of the way for our friends to the south and myself included.

It would be just nice to put the pedal down without the risk of seeing flashing lights other than the Christmas Tree.

There is an event near Smiths Falls, Ontario where mostly off topic stuff is run on a an Airstrip. I think anyone can participate albiet it is not a vintage event so it would lack to some degree.

But vintage is what we make it so to speak. Don't know if its going this year but I imagine it would. There is a car show as well again lots of new and exotic mixed in with some oldies.

http://racetherunway.com

http://ottawasun.com/2017/08/12/car.../wcm/b196b756-fcf5-4114-a933-03ed82234d46/amp

3. wuga

wuga
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stogy likes this.
  4. Hyper Henry

Hyper Henry

Great race coming up this weekend in GrandBend Ontario. Bring your gasser to race or come and watch some great action! 35226267_174058256604560_7947961238946840576_n.jpg

Stogy likes this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!