Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nostalgia Nationals at Yellow Belly Drag Strip 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Byron Crump, May 17, 2014.

1. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Link:
    http://kingvoodoo.blogspot.com/2014/05/nostalgia-nationals-yellow-belly-drag.html

Preview pics...

The hardest working guys at the shows rides:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anybody know anything about this Model A roadster? A guy (don't think it was the owner) was going on about how it was the most valuable and historic car at the show and I was wondering what the story was on it...if there is one even.

Cool car no matter what though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

interesting photos, keep them coming. All I'll say about the roadster that although it is a nice looking car that looks mid 60's period correct I don't think I have ever seen a photo of it except yours and I have been reading car magazines and looking at photos of hot rods since 1958.

3. Airhart

Airhart

I got the same shpiel from that guy, not the owner, who just bought it a couple weeks ago. It's been on the local CL for a couple months...
    Anyways, had a great time at the track! And big thanks to Skotz for the bolt so I could make it home!

4. I saw the car, never seen it before or the guy driving it.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. missysdad1

missysdad1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a great time at the meet! Winning Street Eliminator was a great honor. The eliminations ran smoothly and the organization was first-class. The exhibition runs by Skot Ingram's blown flathead digger were the frosting on the cake. The guys who organized and ran it deserve a big "thank you" from all who were there, racers and spectators alike. Can't help but wish there were more during the year. Thanks again, guys!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  6. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

I want to thank everyone involved in putting on this race. This was our first time to attend. Had an absolute blast. My old 55' stude's tounge was hangin out at the end of the day! Definetly will be on my list of races for next year.

7. [​IMG]
    I don't know about the roadster but this Henry J was raced at the Nationals in Detroit.
    You can see it running a Willys at 19:03 it this film.

8. tattooz4u

tattooz4u

20140518_124232.jpg Hey guys, I'm Damon, the new owner of the 29 roadster. I had just bought it the day before the event from a local salvage yard about a 1/4 mile from Yello Belly Drag strip. It is a California car and is said to have history of being raced at Santa Anna ('54-'56) and El Mirage ('54-60's). The car originally had a flathead. I've talked to Bob Hill Jr of Aces Car Club in Cali. And he is supposed to have some pics of the car from the 50's , I'm anxiously awaiting the pics. Don't know about the value of the car and don't really care. I plan on enjoying the hell out of this car and have no plans of selling it. As far as the history, I welcome any input as I will continue searching myself. I hear it might have been in a 60's Hotrod mag (not confirmed) It was cover car June 2011 Car Culture Deluxe. Thanks and plan on seeing alot more of this car because I plan on driving the hell out of this car.