Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nostalgia Drags Warwick

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by OBFB HA/GR, Nov 11, 2012.

1. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

We've just got back home from another great race day at Warwick Dragway.
    We seem to have finally got the fuel woes out of the way. First practice run, track still slippery, we ran 8.75 and 8.90. We took a couple of degrees of timing out and the next run she ran 8.70 a personel best for us, unfortunatly we broke out and lost that race but who cares, it was a good run anyway.
    Come time for prizegiving and we got runner up in our bracket. Pretty good weekend all round.

2. bobw

bobw

Very happy for you, getting your car to perform well. Is there any video posted from the race?

3. Old28

Old28

Sounds like a nice weekend. That 8.70 must have felt great. That new built motor is hitting it's stride.;)

What trans and rear gear ratio do you run? Is your rear tire roll out about 29"? :confused: Just trying to learn a little more on these HAMBster's.

4. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Hell, yeah! If you gotta lose, breaking out's the best way to do it. :cool:

5. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Sorry no movies, the camera has had a fit and won't download anything.
    Tom, I run a Borg Warner 4 speed close ratio to a, wait for it, Toyota Hilux rear. It has 31 spline axles and I use a moly spool with 4.11 gears. I run L78 Coker 15" on the rear at 14 psi. They are around 29". I use all the gears in the box, only to 3rd over the 1/8 and I rev to 4800 rpm through the gears, my own rev limiter. She hooks up real good off the line, usually a 1.8/1.9 60 foot. Nigel.

6. Old28

Old28

Thanks for the information Nigel. :)

I totally agree with OLD6, If your going to lose, be to quick!;) Tom

7. sarajo5607

sarajo5607
    from florida

You won or lost its doesn't matter when you played very well. You give your best its good. I am for you that you never loose hope. Play and enjoy the game as you do always.

8. injected27

injected27

Sounds like a winning combination. Breaking out is a part of the game. As a decent ol bracket racer told me leave them nothing at the tree and use all the pedals in the car. But any time your working the bugs out the pedal on the right is always down. Well down there it maybe on the left anyways getting it to go faster is always a good thing.

9. injected27

injected27

Btw I was think about using a toyota rear myself. I have one out of a 81 2wd truck. I know they run them in legends cars with a welded right axle. They must be pretty tough.

10. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

My rear seems to be hanging in there. I side step the clutch about 3500 rpm off the line and then power shift thru the gears and last time I pulled her to check all was like new inside. Mind you I only have about 150 hp and the 6" rear hides don't overstress things either. Nigel.

11. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Good to know your rear is hanging in there Nigel. Mine has been dragging on the ground lately, but just turning 67, I figure I have an excuse.

Oh...were you talking about the rear in the car? :p