Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nostalgia Drag Race in Muncie Indiana

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MercDeuceMan, Mar 4, 2009.

1. dennisk

dennisk
    from Indiana

Tom was telling me that Susie now has a "Gasser" he didn't get into the specifics of it. I was looking forward to running against her tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to the drags tomorrow. I'm just going there to have FUN! See you there.

2. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

"anyone know what kind of fee??"

It looks like $20 a head for spectators according to the Muncie Dragway website.

I was going to do both this event and Pinks in Indy the same day, but will be skipping this event due to the cost ($80 extra for the four of us to make it there for a couple of hours in the morning... nah...)

I know, I know... Why bother with Pinks? Well, cause I have a large group of close friends both competing and spectating and we have been planning it for some time. Will have to make the NEXT nostalgia event.

No doubt there will be a ton of cool stuff in Muncie. Someone please post up a ton of pics, PLEASE! Make sure and get lots of tri-five gasser photos that I might add to my gasser file in the fotki link below!!! THANKS in advance!

Have fun guys.

3. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

Racer gate opens @ 8:00 a.m. / Spectator gate opens @ 9:00 a.m.
    Adult (12+) = $20 Children (6-11) = $5 Under 6 = FREE

straight from the website..........see you all in the morning

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

all loaded up and the alarm clock is set for 2:15 AM. Hope to see you around 10:00 EDT

5. dennisk

dennisk
    from Indiana

WOW! I had a fan-frigging-tastic time! I ran my '56 Chevy down the track three times. First time against a T bucket,second against a '55 Chevy and third against a 32 Ford coupe. It doesn't get any better than that! Did I win,No, but I have memories that will last a lifetime. Thanks to the Road Rockets and the Muncie dragway owner for letting me run. Next up the H.A.M.B. drags for some more FUN!

6. paintcan54

paintcan54

Sorry I missed it, sounded like everyone got to run. Had a trade Show in Indy that my two son's had signed me up for, then a round of golf in the afternoon. Well I'll make the next one, my wife said familey first, toys second.I hope they can put one together for this year again.

7. springer

springer

Mongo and I had a great time at Muncie Dragway on sat.. He got a lot of great pics. The races were fun to watch. Even had a few wipe outs. You should see the pics Mongo got of the car hitting the guard rail. You can see the drivers head snapping side ways at impact. Hope they do it again next year.

8. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I was out of state, my dad died. next year I'll be there

9. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

10. KatsAss

KatsAss

A great time for sure! Never thought a '51 Mercury would have traction problems...lol

-KatsAss

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thanks to the Road Rockets and the Muncie strip for a great show. I got multiple passes with the 56 Chevy. Lots of WAY COOL rides in the pits and on the track. Had a nice visit with Gassedbaker and spent quality time with MercDueceMan, Runaround Sue, Von Dust and Amanda Sue. Now that is high quality folks.

12. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

What a great day!! I hope the Road Rockets do it again next year. I only made one pass because I had a serious traction problem. I shouldn't have put in the 4:11's yesterday morning. I also had to watch a friend spin out and hit the guard rail right in front of me. Shook me up a little. He had traction problems too. I will be prepared next year for sure.
    I stayed untill about 10:00 PM when it started to rain. They hadn't called the racing yet but i packed up and left anyway. Those of you that didn't come, you missed a lot of fun. Thanks again to the "Road Rockets".

13. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

bobwop it was great meeting and talking to ya!! i love your 56!!! my pops did finally make it out to watch a few runs and he said 'Did you see that 56?' haha

cabriolethboy..it was nice meeting ya too..i think we have met before but not sure haha....glad everyone had a great time and yes we hope to do it again soon!!!1

pictures will be up soon i hope hahahaha

14. afan

afan
    from michigan

fortystandard sorry for your loss.Losing your dad hurts.
    i had a great time at Munciedrayway .the ROAD ROCKETS have some great cars and put on a great show.the nostalgia superstocks were outstanding.all the cars that showed up put on a good show .for those who chose to go elsewhere you missed a good day at the drags.the people who run the track are great , the food was good and fair priced. just a great day except for the late rain.

15. We want to thank everyone who came to our event Saturday.
    Since the track did all of the ticket taking, and it was not a money making event for the club, we do not know what the final count for cars for the day was.
    At one point in time I expect there was close to 300 cars on the grounds.
    I do know that with 5 of the 9 club members bringing cars to race, we stayed busy all day long.

16. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

again thank you to all that came out to have a great day! cant wait to see you all at the rumble in a couple weeks!!!

17. Great stuff guys! I hope you're able to do more there throughout the rest of the year.

18. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

KatsAss...always a pleasure to see you and your dad. You two are classy dudes. You remind me of my guys...father and son = best pals. :)

Bobwop...always a pleasure to see too. You know, all you would have had to do was ask me ONE more time if I wanted to drive your car....;)
    Hope to see you again real soon.

It was a really nice DAY and nice place. Especially to spend it with good people doing what we love.

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

lol

20. Dennis, glad you got to run the "56", what times did you turn?

21. VonDust

VonDust

I think the Desoto handles the HillClimb better than racing on flat level ground lol:rolleyes:
    Tom's flattie powered rail ran the best it has ever ran... pulled the front wheels off the ground about a foot and carried them through the lights for about fifteen feet.

22. hollywood 423

hollywood 423
    from west ohio

Me and a few of the Wheelers went over Sat.Thanks to the Road Rockets for putting this on. My frist time at Munice since 1972. Ran my old banger up against Rozies 56. Had him out of the hole, but theres no substitute for cubic inches. Had a killer time,and looking foward to next year...