Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NOS midget body?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anthony myrick, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Found the pic...It is slightly different but the frame looks pretty similar...it's tucked in the back...

3 (1).jpg

2 (1).jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1931-model-a-hot-rod-re-paint.1003622/

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  2. Budget36

Budget36

I don’t think I’ve been up close to one, but from pics and trying to “size it” in my mind, I’d always thought it’d be neat to put like a 20HP vertical engine in one when I had a few acres out back of just dirt, and turn the kids loose! They had to settle for some other stuff though.

Stogy likes this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I suspect motorcycle engines were common in these cars...

These were probably as dangerous as the big cars were with the lack of rollbars and stuff...probably was good your kids never got one...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to whip around a track sideways on the corners but the real deal was pretty darned aggressive...bodies and cars flying everywhere...I'll bet that was half the excitement in the stands...:oops:

I remember reading a bit about racers on one of the sites and alot perished at the tracks...

4. JEBS.T

JEBS.T