Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods NOS 37 Ford Fenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WoooDaaaa, Jul 7, 2015.

1. WoooDaaaa

WoooDaaaa

I've found a NOS perfect front and a NOS perfect rear 37 coupe fender. They have been in the attic of an old Ford dealer for years and are now available to buy. How much do you think these fenders should sell for? They are asking quite a bit for them. Thanks..........

2. Good luck. To the victor go the spoils. Often new old stock stuff is worth a mint to the holder. Straight non NOS turns up here and there, and with new bodywork and paint on them ... NOS doesn't then matter.

There is a Colorado 1937 fender on evilbay for 400, straight with cracks needing welded, and supposedly another 105 to ship it, but I'm sure that's not set in stone. Also a Florida front clip, minus hood, sides and passenger inner fender panel but with grille for 1500 ... also evilbay.

How much is it worth to you ? Probably some '37 guys here with better answers. I'll bet the front fender is worth easy 5to800 bucks+ NOS ... with the rear worth 3to600 bucks+ NOS. Make an offer ... your best offer. All they can do is hold out, or say no. Good luck. I like your choice of car, absolutely.

3. williebill

williebill

If you need them, how many choices do you have? If they truly are perfect, if it was me, I'd try like hell to make it happen. Less work for you in the long run.

4. My bet is that they will go for at least a grand each...

5. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Back in 1958 our local Ford dealer closed what they called their "farm store" and took all the replacement fenders stored in the farm store attic to the local scrap dealer and got 5 cents per pound. I worked at the grocery store just across the alley and they stored crates of fenders on top of the scrap. I called my buddy (36 Ford coupe, flattie/39 tranny) and he doubled their money to a dime a pound. They were happy, and he went batshit nuts. They were all in red lead primer and crated---for a dime a pound. Swear it. There was a downside----he paid a dime a pound for the wooden crates too.

6. WoooDaaaa

WoooDaaaa

Thanks for the replies. Do you think $1500 for the front and $1200 for the rear would be a fair price for these fenders? They are perfect, would only need to be cleaned, primed and painted!!! I am comparing the cost of used fenders that will need repair and body work prior to finishing. Or is this too much to pay?