Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Norwegian Zephyr Roadster Kustom

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Mats-Henrik, Sep 16, 2013.

1. chrisp

chrisp

I actually worked on a coupe some years ago, the difference between a convertible/coupe and your roadster is the length of the "cab" which makes your trunk look too short. I'm not talking about practicability just looks. I know that in steel that would be extremely heavy to maneuver. Then again it's just my pov and it's your car, and I love it other than that.

2. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

Very nice...but i do agree with chrisp he built my favorite car he has an eye for perportions....

3. Very cool project.
    If it was my car i would keep the Lincoln grill

Question: Did you make the fender skirts or are these original ones or ... ?

Hennie

4. scott51

scott51

Amazing work, looks like it'll be a stunning car, but I have to agree with Chrisp, to me the placement of the top of the trunk lid isn't working as well as everything else you've done.

However with a Carson top or rag top in place it should change things.

hope you don't mind the feedback

5. Mats-Henrik

Mats-Henrik
    from Norway

It is not a poll. Go out in your garage and build something, I honestly dont care what you think of the trunk. It simply would not work with a longer one.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. :D:D:cool:

This is a great project and i´m blown away by your skills.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

Supper clean car ! Mad crazy skills !!

8. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Hey Mats, great to see you have started a build thread on your Zephyr. There's a lot of very familiar ground there for me.
    Having just recently rebuilt my zephyr and got it roadworthy and spending a long time doing bodywork on it I know quite a bit about the size and proportions of these cars. Although I can maybe see where Chrisp is coming from with the longer rear deck area compared to most roadsters, the practicality of having a longer deck lid than you have used would be a nightmare, they are already quite heavy lump without making them longer. The fact that the zephyr is so big it can carry off the coupe style deck lid quite happily. Looks like Lincoln could have made it that way.
    It gets the total thumbs up from me, and it's your car and your build so you only have one person to please any more than that is a bonus.

Paul.

9. sololobo

sololobo

this is the coolest build I have seen. You have great taste and concepts. Best wishes for this, thanx for sharing. ~sololobo~

10. Your doing an amazing job, just keep going!!!!!!!

11. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

Your car is looking great!!!

12. scott51

scott51

Sorry didn't mean to offend, love this build and appreciate you taking the time to post the progress.

Will keep the constructive criticism to myself in future :)

13. Mats-Henrik

Mats-Henrik
    from Norway

I'm not offended. Its just that I've probably given this project a bit more thoughts than most people. Of course I know what you mean visually, but it is just not practically doable in this case. I appreciate feedback, but the reason why I havent made a build thread earlier, is that I'm really not interested in hearing what some knowitall sitting in front of his computer has to say about something that I probably have been planning for months. It is not hard to type a bunch of opinions in a forum, it's hard to actually make them reality.

No offense to you either, but you should remember that guys who spend hours and hours designing and building something probably already has considered your idea. In most cases that is.

And of course, there's stuff I've not made up my mind about yet, and your opinions are greatly appreciated.
    Ok?

Lets all go do some serious welding!

14. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete

Great vision and great work. It is so much fun to watch an artist at work. My advice is don't ask me for advice. Great post too!!

15. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

I don't want to put in cars in the wrong style in this thread, but this is a roadster styled Zephyr with the the same kind of size of the trunk lid. Just to show. I think it looks nice. :)

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and kiwijeff like this.
  16. bigern007

bigern007

Many a beautifull custom has been spoiled by using the Packard grill.IMHO

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  17. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

And, if you look at an original, their trunk also starts down around about the same area that Mats-Henrick is building his. So it seems completely appropriate to me.

Attached Files:

18. Wow, awesome work. Very inspirational.

I too, am building a zephyr. Mine's a 39 sedan, and it will be a padded top (carson style) car with a slight chop and a built 331 cadillac.

19. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I love it! I wish My 47 Zephyr had a grill like the 38-41. Those grills just flow with the car lines very well.

20. Mats-Henrik

Mats-Henrik
    from Norway

I finally got around to clean up the front end a bit.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/101906403@N07/10015288453/" title="zepher 235 by matsheinrich, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/101906403@N07/10034861093/" title="zepher 236 by matsheinrich, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/101906403@N07/10034773335/" title="zepher 237 by matsheinrich, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/101906403@N07/10049880164/" title="zepher 242 by matsheinrich, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/101906403@N07/10050025783/" title="zepher 243 by matsheinrich, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/101906403@N07/10049908555/" title="zepher 244 by matsheinrich, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

Next up is molding the front fenders. I'm also considering to take another inch out of the front windshield frame.

21. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Nice job so far. Yes, another inch will be great. :)

22. Marten

Marten

Great skills, gonna be a sweet kustom when done!

I wanna stand up for the 'some knowitall', who, I believe, used to work on this car, when he lived in the Usa

Attached Files:

• 121.JPG
      121.JPG
      File size:
      245.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  23. Amazing vision. This is why I keep coming back to the Hamb. GREAT job!

24. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Wow, what a great lookin ride!

25. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Amazing work, I'll be watching this for sure

26. just a couple of quick photoshops for you with a little drop on the windshield and the whole beast closer to the ground

Attached Files:

• zeph.jpg
      zeph.jpg
      File size:
      126.2 KB
      Views:
    • zeph2.jpg
      zeph2.jpg
      File size:
      107.4 KB
      Views:
  27. Mats-Henrik

Mats-Henrik
    from Norway

Wow, thats more like it! Thanks, that definately convinced me to chop another inch.

28. Mats-Henrik

Mats-Henrik
    from Norway

I just finished molding the left fender. It took quite a bit of adjusting and persuasion to get the fender to fit as good as possible before welding it in place.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/101906403@N07/10167335014/" title="zepher 246 by matsheinrich, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/101906403@N07/10167510806/" title="zepher 247 by matsheinrich, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/101906403@N07/10167505336/" title="zepher 250 by matsheinrich, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

29. shadams

shadams

Thats what she said.....:eek:

I love when I stumble on these types of build threads. You have some serious skills my friend. Keep the pics coming! Subscribed to this one for sure...

kiwijeff likes this.
  30. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Lookin good!