Register now to get rid of these ads!

Northwesterners, have you seen this...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Uncle Bob, Sep 16, 2011.

1. ....'51 Hudson Hornet coupe.

This isn't exactly one of those "...wish I'd never sold it" threads, the decision was made as needed at the time. About 30 years ago I sold this car to a guy in the Lake Hills area of Bellevue. Any contact info I might have had is long lost. The strange thing is since the day he bought it I've never seen it at any kind of automotive gathering in the area. For some reason the car popped into my mind this morning and I'm curious as to what's ever happened to it. I got it from a guy in Walla Walla in the mid '70s in it's original copper color. Roof was caved in, upholstery shot, but the body was absolutely rust free, and the old boy had just had the engine rebuilt........yep, Twin H 308. The chrome you see in the pic is the original factory stuff. I straightened the sheet metal, painted it the maroon color in my garage, and upholstered it with a pre-made kit, got it mechanically reliable enough to take it to the first HET national meet in the West down in So. Cal. Terrific highway car!

Anyway, just curious if anyone has ever seen it, knows if it's hiding in a garage, has moved on to other owners somewhere, or died an ignoble death at the hands of some lout.

Attached Files:

2. How about bring it up for the night crew.........

3. 51hornetdude

51hornetdude
    from denver

4. Thanks for the tip, done.

5. One more time if you please....