Register now to get rid of these ads!

Northwest Rodders?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Concrete B, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Concrete B

Concrete B

I'll be coming to Oregon for a job April 14th. I'll probably be staying in Longview, WA. Looking for some rodders in the area since i won't know many people. What shops/shows/clubs etc are within a few hours? I'll probably be there for 2-3 months. Let me know whats up in the NW!

2. Longveiw is a hot bed for rodders and taverns, about 40 mins north of Portland/ Vancouver another hot bed

3. Concrete B

Concrete B

How hot of a bed? I thought I'd see more replies.

4. old beet

old beet

Slo-Poks club in Vancouver, active since early 50s. Billitproof NW, June 28..OLDBEET

5. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

Some Must see's

Portland Swap meet, April 4, 5, 6, 2008...http://www.portlandswapmeet.com/Information.htm

and

Portland transmission open house.. May 10....
    26th PTW Spring Classic Auto Exhibit and Gathering
    May 10, 2008 -- Portland
    Port Trans Warehouse. Hours: 7am-11am. Contact: Portland Transmission Warehouse, 1016 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214, 800-444-4556, [email protected]

and

Papa's Toy's Open House, Cornelius, OR..May 10, 2008...10 am to 3 pm

and

A Calendar of Events

http://www.northwestclassicautomall.com/events.ihtml

6. Concrete B

Concrete B

Now were talking. What else might be interesting to go check out?

7. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

8. Dueceburnout

Dueceburnout

i'm from longview. I'm in one of th local clubs, put on a good show for 34 years now. lots to do lots of cars when you comeing out? were you staying. hit me up if ya like. still early in the year. but theres lots to do in the summer out here. not much for shops in town. 3 big clubs, but in this small town there is a Lot of cars.
    Erik

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pick up a copy of Cruzin magazine when you get up here. It will have the schedule for most of the car happenings in the PNW.

There should be plenty going on within an easy drive from the area you will be working in.

10. Concrete B

Concrete B

Erik, I'm coming out to get the Cascade Ethanol plant up and running. Finishing one in Ohio now. Longview looks like the closest decent place to stay. Not sure where I'll be staying. Know anywhere I can find some listings of apartments? Hell, any Hambers have some room for me in their basement? I'm quiet, house trained, and would be quiet as a mouse other than when my wife and baby come to visit...haha. It looks like I'll be there April 14th or so until early July, give or take. I've always wanted to see the NW, so I'm pretty excited to look around.

11. Concrete B

Concrete B

In addition, the first place I want to go is dBears Cadillacville in WA. I'm working on 2 caddys right now. That'll be heaven!

12. old beet

old beet

Hotrod-A-Rama-- June 1-2...Biggest in the NW.....Tacoma, Wa..........OLDBEET

13. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

hotrod a rama is the first weekend in august and south tacoma alley rally is the second weekend in august! 2 good shows in tacoma!

14. old beet

old beet

Sorry wrong date! August 1-2.............OLDBEET

15. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Billetproof NW show in Centrailia @ June 28th?
    At the fairgrounds....

16. Pearson Air park and Museum, Vancouver, WA.
    Tillamook Air Museum, Tillamook, OR (all planes in flying condition, stored in WWII blimp hangar!)
    The entire Columbia River Gorge.
    SoCal Speed Shop Northwest, in Tualatin, OR.
    Antique Powerland, Brooks, OR.
    Bob Drake resto parts, Grants Pass, OR.
    Wescott's Auto Restyling, Damascus, OR.
    You should definitely come a couple of weeks early for the Portland Swap Meet, Apr 4-6. Biggest on the West coast. You'll connect with so many people, places, and events that you won't have time for your job.
    **No sales tax in Oregon-spend lots!!**

17. Concrete B

Concrete B

I'd love to come to the portland swap meet, but its just too soon. Too much to do between jobs.

18. Concrete B

Concrete B

The more I talk to guys that have worked in the PNW before, the more excited I get to come out. Got news towards the end of the day I might be here longer than expected. It's cool, I'm in my hometown now. I should know tomorrow, but may be here an extra 2-4 weeks...

19. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

Hot Rod A Rama is something not to be missed. Billitproof NW should be pretty cool, dont know yet since its the first one to my knowledge. another place you could check out is All American Classics wrecking yard in Vancouver, pretty big. Oh and if your feeling really ambitious, check out Howards wrecking yard in White Salmon washington, its a really unknown wrecking yard with a crazy old man and one of the biggest selections of complete rare cars i have ever seen !

20. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

Oh yeah..Tillimook Air museum is COOL!..it almost feels like your stepping back into WW2 times

21. Concrete B

Concrete B

Old wrecking yards! I love it! I get pretty ambitious. I'll bring backup with me to Howards. You think they'd care if I brought along my camera? I'm also thinking about trying to check out Oregons bridges. I hear there are some cool ones. I do construction, so that type of stuff fascinates me too. If I'm still out there in August I'll check out those shows, but I should be in Minnesota at that time starting yet another Ethanol plant.

Keep the hot tips coming!