Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Northwest Deuce Days

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom davison, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

This is not exactly show coverage, just an announcement. It is being held this weekend in Victoria BC. I shot this HAMB-Friendly group who were waiting in the line to board the Anacortes-Sydney ferry on the USA side. There were a bunch of street rods which I did not shoot.

I am hearing online that it's is a really good show this year and thought some of you might still want to hop on a ferry and attend, some 1400 cars, but not all Deuces. The Northwest always has great cars.

The Ferry that leaves from Port Angeles, WA goes directly to Victoria in an hour and runs throughout the day. Unfortunately, the Anacortes ferry takes three hours, plus unloading, plus you then have to drive another hour to arrive in Victoria. About $60 each way. I happened to be in Anacortes, but chose not to go, primarily because I hear the show itself packs the cars in like a parking lot, which isn't a great way to photograph them. Y Wildlife TD-1.jpg Y Wildlife TD-2.jpg Y Wildlife TD-3.jpg Y Wildlife TD-4.jpg Y Wildlife TD-5.jpg Y Wildlife TD-6.jpg Y Wildlife TD-7.jpg Y Wildlife TD-8.jpg Y Wildlife TD-9.jpg Y Wildlife TD-10.jpg

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks - look forward to your pics from event

Lil32 and loudbang like this.
  3. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

I wish I were going, but I am not, I'm just offering a heads up.

4. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

Thanks Tom.

5. Dang, I was looking forward to your coverage. I was scheduled to go this year, but life got in the way. 'Hope to make it out there three years from now.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  6. Even a packed parking lot,you would have killer shots.

loudbang likes this.
  7. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

I think it is difficult to get a clean shot on Sunday but you can catch them as they are parked around the Victoria area before and after the show with action shots as they drive off and on the ferry in Victoria.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You caught Chris's 34 (Chris here on the Hamb) and the green T belongs to the Freunds. I'd think that there are several Spokane/ Post Falls cars in that bunch. I saw both cars here today.

Not to Jack the thread but here is the link to Three days worth of photos that I took at Anacortes and here.
    https://robertdavison.smugmug.com/Deuce-Days-Victoria-BC-2019/
    About 550 photos so far but I have taken photos of everything I have seen and put them in the album.
    You are missing a good one Tom even though you have probably photographed the majority of the California cars here and I think they top the list for number of cars from one state.

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ranchero59 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Mr48chev, I was wondering if you are actually want to sell the pictures. I copied off a few to share with the owners of some and 40 site on FB but noticed the buy option before I sent them out or posted them.
    You took some great pictures at a very difficult venue BTW. Thanks for posting them.

loudbang and Stllrng. like this.