Register now to get rid of these ads!

Northern Nevada HAMBers who are cops

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959apache, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1959apache

1959apache

I was wondering if we had any hamber cops on here in the reno, Carson city, gardnerville/ minden area. I just started my honeymoon and ran into a little trouble in a speed trap at the bottom of spooner with a fully loaded 12 passenger van. Please pm me if you can help. I grew up in the area and was a local for 16 years.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  2. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

3. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

You are going on your honeymoon with 12 people in a van?

I have a feeling this thread will be deleted soon...

4. 1959apache

1959apache

No I was dropping my wedding party off at Reno and am looking for some help

5. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

What kind of help do you need?

6. Pffft!!!

Professional courtesy!

Pony up like the rest of us!

Ever here of "do the crime, do the time"!

Where's the fuckin' popcorn!

7. 1959apache

1959apache

I got shafted by a Sherrif at the bottom of spooner in the usual spot when I was passing someone who was driving 10 mph slower downhill than the posted speed limit on the straight stretch while taking my wedding party back to the airport. I was in no hurry at all the driver of the slow car was making a dangerous driving condition and couldn't stay in their own lane down the last several curves. The copper wasn't reasonable and threatened to throw me in jail if I didn't sign the info for the ticket because I can't afford to have any tickets. I have never had a ticket an accident that I have caused or any other infraction. This story could go on forever so I will just leave it at that

8. 1959apache

1959apache

Easy for you to say when you have a job

9. manyolcars

manyolcars

cops who violate the law never understand that they will be next

10. Ever here a convict in prison save he was guilty?

B.T.W.: I don't have a job or a fat pension.

Sorry man... Deaf ears here!

11. Hotwhls

Hotwhls
    from NV

Dont worrie it happened to me also last weekend when I was pulling my newly bought 1952 chevy home in my car trailer. That last section of spooner when pulling a trailer is kind of hard to maintain speed without riding your brakes the entire way. I tried to tell the officer that but he could careless and still wrote me the ticket. Join the club!!!!!!

12. 1959apache

1959apache

You are a credit to the human race; thanks for all the helpful posts

13. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Is it a New York thing, or are you a natural asshole?:mad:

14. ME???

Explain to me and everyone else here on the H.A.M.B. WHY if someone is/was a cop that they should be "entitled" to get away with breaking any law?

What makes you different?

Do you put your pants on any different than I do?

Sorry man, I've got a certain respect for cops but not when they try to get away with things.

15. I am not a police officer but I do know how to hire an attorney, they have those in about every town that specialize in traffic voilations. It is not the same as getting a ticket fixed but that is what the rest of us citizens have to do.

You are trying to get a ticket fixed, correct? That is what it sounds like from where I sit.

I don't think so, no one likes a crooked cop.

16. roughneck424

roughneck424

Reminds me of the hill rolling into South Lake Tahoe Nevada side. I got a ticket there during Hot August Nights. Returned a few weeks later to pick up a car I had bought at the swap. While having lunch at a restraunt where I could see that hill. Watched at least 6 more get tickets. Everyone has there favorite speed traps

17. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Hmmm...I'm not hearing all of this story...Did you get a ticket? I presume you did, since you said there was a fiasco about you signing for the ticket.

1. What was the ticket for?
    a. Speeding?
    b. Passing on a curve?
    c. Throwing trash out the window.

Signing for a ticket is not admitting you're guilty, It just says you will show up in court and tell your side to a judge. What do you want to do, give the cop a ten spot, and hope that he'll forget all about it?

Lastly, you're not telling us, if you are in fact GUILTY of what you got a ticket for, and are here on the H.A.M.B whinning that you got caught, then asking us how to get out of it.

HellRaiser

P.S. I never gave anyone a ticket who didn't deserve it!!!!!!

18. ^ ^ ^ Now there's an old school cop! ^ ^ ^ [​IMG]

19. I guess I don't get it... Its just a ticket, no big deal. As. far as respect, It is earned not give because you choose a certain vocation

20. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Not sure what the law is like there but in Florida you have 30 days to fight it in court, do just that, I had a $200 speeding ticket tossed out because the cop never showed up on the court date...even if he does show you can at least be heard...just an option and I didn't pay for shit, no fines, no points...

21. Has nothing to do with repect, sounds like he didn't give any.

My friends follow a simple rule and it seems to work real well: don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

I think I can understand someone wanting to get out of a ticket. If I thought that I was wrongly accused I would take my day in court, I would not expect a cop to break the law for me.

That said,
    hey Hellraiser, next time I bend the rules in nebraska do ya think you could help me out? :D:D:D

22. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

23. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Reminds me of a funny story...
    A guy was running 75 MPH, 10 over the Calif speed limit (65 at the time) right inside a group of 5 or 6 cars...CHP pulls in behind him, lights him up.
    Officer proceeds to write him for 10 MPH over the posted limit...the guy protests:
    "How come you didn't pull those other guys over?" The Chippie says, "Sign here..."
    Guy signs the ticket, then when the officer is walking away, the guy says, "Asshole..."

The cop turns around, cames back, looks inside the car and sees fishing poles.
    "You're a fisherman, are you?" The guy says, "That's right. Why?"
    Officer asks him, "Did you ever catch ALL the fish?"

Yeah. Works both ways.

24. murfman

murfman

So you don't have the money for a speeding ticket, BUT you do have money for a Wedding / Honeymoon? How about a honeymoon at the Greybar Hotel?

25. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Come on HAMB'rs, why not risk your jobs and pensions for a brother?:confused:

26. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

27. Carbon maker

Carbon maker

Here in California you can request a trial by declaration. This provides you all of the evidence that the officer has against you. I have been able to discover evidence to get out of a red light camera ticket. I am a bit discouraged bu the responses that you have been getting from other H.A.M.B members. We are all in this punch bowl together.
    I also ask that you read the details of SB 32 the worst law in California history. You might ask who gives a rats azz. Well my friends this is the first law that can outlaw hot rods and all other forms of fuel burning.

28. Bluedot

Bluedot

I got a ticket once that I thought not justified. I'll skip the details here, but suffice to say that by the letter of the law, I was guilty. But the choice I made at the time was hands down the safer thing to do to avoid an accident. I chose to go to court and make that point to the judge, thinking that even if they had to make the ticket stick, in their minds they'd know the cop was a fool to ticket me. Three times I went, three times I got bumped on the docket. I guess they thought I'd cave, but they didn't realize what a stubborn SOB I can be. After the third time, the court clerk said if I'd pay the court costs (minor), they'd waive the ticket. I think they knew I was not going away. Fine with me, that's what I did, no ticket.
    Point: If you think you're right, stand up and fight. If you know you did the wrong thing, pay the piper.

29. Gman0046

Gman0046

I worked for the U.S. Government who had issued me a badge. I always kept my drivers license in the badge wallet. After being stopped for speeding I made sure he saw the badge and asked the cop for some "Professional Courtesy". As he handed me the ticket he replied he'd been professional and courteous, have a nice day.

30. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

It's still early, and we haven't heard from the author of this thread, the answers to the questions I posed.

That being said.

The driver does a rolling California stop at the stop sign, and proceeded on thru. The cop saw it all and stopped the driver for not coming to a complete stop at the stop sign.

The driver says to the cop, "But I did slow way down".

Whereupon the cop proceeded to take his night stick and beat upon the driver soundly.

The cop says, "Do you want me to just slow down or to stop"?

You decide!!!!!!

HellRaiser

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.