Register now to get rid of these ads!

North Carolina welding gas supply.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob 1743, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Bob 1743

Bob 1743

I need tanks for oxygen & acetylene, size B. There are many options, buy new, buy used & hope they don't have to be certified, or rent. My use will be minimal, just some heat & bend from time to time. What's the most cost effective way to go? If you know of a supplier near Charlotte, who can meet my needs, please let me know
    Thanks,
    Bob

2. kevin mac

kevin mac
    from toledo,oh

go to the welding store,ie gas supply directly. rent the tanks , pay the rent. these are controlled by the d.o.t.... you get what you pay for... cheap rental for the tanks.get small ones ,cheaper. UNLESS you find a friend who - will let you use his . buy from somebody on craigs list.,thats about all you can doo. good luck with it.......k

3. BobbyD

BobbyD
    from Belmont NC

National welders, well now called Airgas/National has several locations in the Charlotte area. I use the one on Old Dowd rd near the airport. I have a account and both own some and lease some bottles. Very good people to deal with, well stocked store as well for supplies.

4. nickk

nickk

you can get them at tractor supply also, you can by a tank, but when you need more gas they just exchange tanks. and then carquest around my house fills tanks, so maybe the one there will too. or like they said above find a welding supply store, just do some price checking

5. second_floor_loft

second_floor_loft

X2 for Airgas. Old Dowd Rd. I bought my tank. Didn't want to be paying monthly rent. The welder is always ready for use. Run out and they exchange the tank. I've had it for several years and no doubt is cheaper than renting.

6. 3quarter32

3quarter32

I rent 4 bottles from Airgas. If you decide to rent, do it by the year. It is quite a bit less costly.

7. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

I get mine from Northern tools. You buy the tanks one time and then you can just exchange them when you need a refill.

8. redhumphries

redhumphries

airgas national at the old dowd plant is about to be the only supplier for them they are moving the statesville road shop I think next weekend. They are good people and will help anyway they can been using them for years now. hope this helps RED