Register now to get rid of these ads!

Norm grabowski 1933-2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FLAT-TOP BOB, Oct 12, 2012.

1. sad news. R.I.P. norm.
    Al.

2. storm king

storm king

Oh my goodness! I've not met a more personable, pleasant guy in my life of hot rodding and racing.
    What a loss for our passion.
    Godspeed, Normie-Poo! We'll see each other again!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  3. The number of post on this site alone says it all about how people felt about Norm. RIP.
    [​IMG]

4. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

5. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

really sad news. met him in detroit a few years back. what a cool guy. he will be missed.

6. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Got to meet the man a few years ago, a really genuine nice guy. The hot rod world lost a good one, rest in peace Norm.

7. BOOB

BOOB
    from Taylor, TX

Norm forced me to drink Ouzo straight from the bottle. Something about "Boogie 'til you puke". He refused to hold my hair. I love you Norm!

8. Kool66

Kool66
    from Dearborn

Sad News indeed.I never was much of a hero worshipper but Norm was one of the few celebs i grew up admiring.At 63 i grew up in the 50's and 60's readin' car mags.I'll always remember the Hot Rod magazine spread with Norm and Mamie Van Doren teachin her to drive his T Tub for the movie.Remember when ever you see reference to the Porter car in the TV show" My Mother the Car" think of Norm as this was his old T Tub from that earlier Hot Rod article. R.I.P. "WooWoo"

9. damn......................What a sad day,think I will watch him in a old surf movie.........Thanks for all you brought to the table Norm

10. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Godspeed Norm.

[​IMG]

11. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Bummer. Godspeed, Norm.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

He was my friend.

[​IMG]

13. Sad day, R.I.P. Norm!

14. lownrusty

lownrusty

Can honestly say ive never laughed as hard as i did on a cruise to mexico with Norm to see him sing in a cantina without a care in the world. RIP Norm

15. Not alot of men get to make there own mark in life but Norm did that for alot of folks, his car is a ledgend and will always be like the man timeless time for 2nd gear and hammer the gas hard

16. waynus

waynus

Another legend gone, sad day for our hobby. Rest in peace, Norm. Condolences to the family.

17. Saw him at the GNRS once. I tried to get close enough to say HI and shake his hand,but there was SO MANY people around him,I couldn't even get close.
    He sure lived a cool life....RIP Norm.

18. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Sad,RIP Norm,turly our best,repect,you are what cool is :cool:

19. oldgoaly

oldgoaly

RIP Norm, we are gonna miss you!

20. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Met the man near the Fine Art room at SEMA, a few years back. He wasn't there as a featured guest. He was just walking around. I asked him if he'd sign something for me. He cheerfully said "sure" & then waited patiently while I stood in line to buy a book with the Kookie T in it. We chatted for a bit & then went on our way. A nicer guy in this hobby I have never met & I've met most of them. RIP, Norm & thanks for treating me like a peer. Godspeed, my friend!
    Rick Hamilton
    Galaxy Rod & Custom

21. Thought of you right away Jeff. Sorry for your loss.

22. bonesy

bonesy

Oh no.

RIP sir.

23. gascrank

gascrank
    from Indiana

Wish I could have met him, I remember him from TV and movies, seems like he really knew how to live life, maybe we will hang out on the otherside some day. Sympathies to his family.

24. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

Wow. I was just thinking about an interview I read that Norm got into movies when a producer caught his sound effects and he proceeded to "bark like a fish" for the man!!! I never met him, but I felt I knew him, just pop in a tape of "Out Of Sight" and watch his improv!!!! And yes, when Jessie had him work on the Chevy and he fell and got hurt, it still didn't dampen his spirits. Hard to type about a stranger you couldn't help but to love.

25. Terrible news! I was praying for a good outcome with his illness. Rest in Peace Norm!

26. God Bless ..... cheers!

Attached Files:

27. hotrod fozzie

hotrod fozzie

GOD SPEED NORM !! Thanks for the t bucket and your contribution to our hobby!!

28. god speed my friend.........

johnny and family

29. ratster

ratster

i'm going to miss ya Norm

30. Deuces

Deuces

Rest In Peace ol' buddy.....:(:(:(