Register now to get rid of these ads!

NorCal Noob

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by MainProp, Dec 28, 2007.

1. I've been lurking around the HAMB for a few years now, so I figured I'd register. I'm 31, and new to Sonoma County, but not to Cali. Just moved back down from the Pacific Northwest. I recently jumped ship from the US Coast Guard after 10+ years. No regrets.
    I'm married with a baby girl. My `51 Fordor was my full time passion until my lil' girl came along. But I make time for both now. (the Missus too)
    I am currently building a 6 car garage (and a home), here in NorCal. Right now, my Ford is collecting dust in my Dad's shop up in Bend, OR until the house & garage are complete. But soon she'll be home again. I'll have to wait until the snow subsides to drive her down, though.

I'm running a flat-8 with EAB heads, Red's Headers/Dual pipes, 12V conversion, steels and www bias ply's. I also "adjusted" the suspension: 5.5" up front, and 6" in the rear. She is very reliable now. I bought her from an old fella in 2004. She was all original, mostly. Future mods: Dual carbs, pin stripes, Maverick rear end, c-notch/driveline tunnel/& swap my 2" blocks for 4" blocks.
    I am also looking for a 47-53 Chevy 3100 short bed 5-window for a daily driver. I got a `53 rocket olds 303 waiting for it (12v, 4 brl carb).
    I like working on pretty much anything, but 49-54's are my favorite run. I am not loyal to any one automaker. I am into Fords, Mercs, Lincolns, Chevs, Olds, Buicks, Cads, & VWs to name a few. I love the vintage power plants most of all. I do all my own work (so far). If I can't do it, I'll learn how to.
    I'd like to find some people in my area that like to go on runs, and caravan to shows. Drop me a line if interested.

This should be plenty for an intro.

-Ryan
    (MainProp)

Attached Files:

2. hey and welcome nice ride !