Register now to get rid of these ads!

NorCal KnockOut "round 3" July 7th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crashhead, Jan 4, 2012.

1. LOL...I thought I heard right! :D

2. Hope you'll be there John..It's just a very short drive from the fairgrounds. I think you would dig it!

3. jim allison

jim allison

I'll be there again in my Roadster. BTW, you guys doing anything this year about the delay getting in ? Great show.

Attached Files:

4. Hey man, glad too see your car again, it's killer.

Don't know exactly what you mean by delay, but load in for cars is at 9am, and to make things smoother, we do have a separate gate for pre-registrered cars this year.

5. chop32

chop32

Last year there were a lot of cars lined up 2 hrs before registration was scheduled to open. While it would have been nice to just open the gates early, the contract with the fairgrounds does not alllow us to do that.
    We will have 2 additional "experienced" people in the registration area this year, so the delay you experienced will hopefully be a thing of the past.

6. jim allison

jim allison

It really wasn't much of a problem getting in and I probably jumped the gun a little and got there too early. Anyway I'm sure looking forward it, see ya.....

7. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

OK, doing 3 shows a year I understand only too well the starting time/ impatient earlybird thing- we just did the Father's Day Invitational in Yountville last Sunday, and guess who got to guard the gate until 8AM :eek: Ears are still stinging-"I'm so-and-so, why can't I park NOW???" Considering this is the 28th year for Skip Long, I've gotten pretty pretty impervious to the primadonna types whose poo doesn't emit odors :rolleyes:
    So, if I bring the beastie in the trailer, how are you handling trailered stuff in the entry line? Separate line to the area in the back that was mentioned or? That's how I do it at the Skip Long Memorial, divert the trailers out of/around the line to the unloading/storage area so they don't clog up the line. Gotta change the elec fuel pump if I'm gonna bring it

8. Hi! If you need to bring the trailer into the fairgrounds, i'd suggest early arrival, around 8-8:30.
    We can then have you bring the trailer in and unload at the same gate as the vendors.

Im gonna PM you my phone number, keep it and call me that morning and i'll take care of you!

Hank

9. That's what we plan to do too Hank,hopefully arrive around 8-8:30 and drive in to unload since Ingenue doesn't run...;)

10. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Hank, I'm gonna get the TWIN together and bring it up if things (Finances) workout!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  11. The Chameleon

The Chameleon

12. That is sick...bring it! :D

Really looking forward for this show,I think we'll have Ingenue's core fan base all in one place!

13. Hey Toymaker. We'd love to have the Twin a the show!! I also wanna shoot it for Gasoline Magazine.
    Let me know the progress man, love the rails!!!

14. The Chameleon

The Chameleon

Yes please bring the Twin.... It would look cool parked next to Shiver Shot. lol

Oh that reminds me I need to check if The Vagabond is coming as well....

15. The Vagabond IS coming!!

16. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Plans are to be there!

17. The Chameleon

The Chameleon

Okay, well I was going to get on facebook and ask them directly if they were going to go this year, I remember when my dad and I were talking about going to Midnight Mass again they said they have been going to Norcal Knockout for the past few years and have enjoyed it every year, then my dad and I got invited to the show any way. So... Bobs yur uncle my dad and I decided to go as well.

After that conversation I figured they would bring the Vagabond but wanted to ask them any way. But if you say they are going that is good enough for me.

Gosh, the last time I remember sitting in the car was when it was still primer flat black with white lettering. My dad and I have had some good times involving that dragster.

18. Two weeks from today we'll all be doing it...! :D

19. We are very glad and happy to have you coming to the show, we are working day and night to be able to present everybody with a great event!

20. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

I only showed up around 7am last year because I really didn't know how early you opened the gates. It was OK though, we got the coupe shined up before hand and a great place to park once inside. ;)

21. flat34pu

flat34pu

my '34 pu is going to the shop to fix the banjo rearend tomorrow, but should be washed and ready to drive up for the show.
    rich

22. chop32

chop32

Nothing wrong with getting there early to claim the prime real estate...I remember seeing you in line last year, yours was one of a handful of cars that beat the Host Club to the Fairgrounds!

23. Less then two weeks to go. We have the raffel car painted and done, gonna get some pinstriping done on it this week.
    Have been looking at a few of all the trophies being made, and i can ensure you all that they will be something else this year!!
    Picked up the official t-shirts last week. They are killer, and will be sold at our booth along with stickers etc.
    More updates to come soon!!

24. Sounds like you've been one busy boy Hank...we can hardly wait for the 7th over here! :D

25. Yeah, it'll be fun for sure John!

26. OK well we've determined who'll be with us and it'll be a Brooklyn reunion of sorts for the Ingenue/Buick Dealers Group funny car,lol...it'll be dad (the original builder),myself and the gentleman in this picture Bobby who worked at Brooklyn,Speed & Machine in the mid '60's and who personally was dispatched to Chicago in the dead of winter of '67 to pick up the body from Pelligrini's Fiberglass Limited shop:
    [​IMG]

Hopefully my wife will be able to attend to help sell shirts and merchandise so I can get out and about to check out all the cool cars and stuff! ;)

27. pacificustoms

pacificustoms
    from Napa, CA

Lets see some pictures of those awards!

28. Good idea Hank...get everyone excited and motivated! :D

29. Here is two of the many trophies.
    Best In Show, and Most Likely To Get Pulled Over.

Attached Files:

30. LOL...those are both cool HH...dig the boxing glove! :D