Register now to get rid of these ads!

NorCal KnockOut "round 3" July 7th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crashhead, Jan 4, 2012.

1. We're getting fired up for the next NorCal KnockOut. July 7th at the Solano County Fairgrounds, 3o minutes north of San Francisco.

As always, we're looking for pre-70 american made hot rods, kustoms, bombs, racecars, slingshots, speedboats. 40's - 60's styled motorcycles.

There will be great live bands, lots of great trophies, lots of vendors, exhibitions, performances and lots more.

Do check out our website to register or just to browse around:

www.norcalknockout.com

2. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I'm there. The first 2 were great! these 2 were lookin good last year.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  3. Jim

Jim

Planning on finally making to this one. Really looking forward to it!

Making a few changes that should be done before this...

Attached Files:

4. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

What will be the accomodations for trailers? I can bring the Evil Twin and the Croozer Twin, but right now Evil's wearing it's race shoes, black steel wheels w/ Stahl frontrunners and old 11.00-15 Goodyear Blue Streak slicks, and them muffler thingies seems to have fallen off- but the sound of a decent 427 Ford with a little compression is :D So, where in that Fairgrounds would I be able to park the rig and unload that critter (without blowing up a lot of dust)? I know the Vallejo spot pretty well (worked on building Marine World)- southern parking lots maybe? The ragtop could drive in, they make a good pair

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. MeanGene. I really dig your duo! Well, you could park inside the fairgrounds by the exposition hall. That's where we usually park trailers and such. If not, you can park outside on the parking lot and drive it in. Lots of people did that last year!!
    You are more then welcome man! Looking forward to hear that 427 scare the birds away!!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  6. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Cool- yeah, for our Skip Long show in Yountville (which I believe is the weekend after yours this year), I have some space "in the back" for trailers, always get a couple race cars & such, and just divert the trailers around the line. Figured you had some kind of deal like that- there's lots of room inside the Fairgrounds. Driving it across that part of the lot where there's a lot of gravel would blow up quite a dust cloud :eek:
    Those 427's are pretty good at scaring the "sbc birds" away- lots of folks have never actually heard a good one, and are a little surprised by the volume of sound they put out :eek:

7. We've had several top fuel slingshots and race cars firing it up previous years, so you are in good company!

8. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

See you there,.... it'll be cool to be at the Fairgrounds again,....Really miss Andy's Picnic"

4TTRUK

9. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Jim from Roseville..... I agree with FUCK CANCER !

4TTRUK

10. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Not missingthis one!

11. We're working on new art for t-shirts right now, and a new flier design. Updates will come continously here and on the websites.
    Bands are about to be booked, and trophys are being made as we speak!!

12. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Awesome. Will be bringing the coupe and F1 again. Can't wait!

13. Looking forward to seeing them again, you are very welcome!!!

14. I think we had seven '55 Chevy "gassers" at NCKO round 2.

This year we want to double that number.
    We will have a custom made trophy for " KnockOut '55 Chevy Gasser" at the show.

So, get crackin and whip out some mean builds out there. It's over 5 months to go!!!

Attached Files:

• 55.jpg
      55.jpg
      File size:
      295.8 KB
      Views:
  15. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. Here is one who's coming. The only Buick powered Funny Car there is.
    An amazing car that is a great piece of history.
    Was raced at the east coast in the late 60's, early 70's!

Attached Files:

17. Another great picture Hank...!:D

We'll be honored to bring Ingenue to your Nor Cal Knockout event...sounds like it'll be a blast!;)

Can't wait to see it grace the pages of Gasoline as well...woo hoo!:D

18. Hi John! YES, it'll be fun for sure. Korena is working on the flier right now. We'll send you a stack as soon as they're done!!!

19. Sounds great Hank...I'm already spreading the word,check this out ;):
    http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232981

Join in on the convo there,lot's of Swedish members on that board...;)

20. John, i checked the link. Great stuff there!! Talk soon / H

21. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

This is one of my favorite all time cars! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Can't wait to see it!

22. Hey thanks man...looking forward to seeing your car too.:D

Speaking of which,didn't I catch a fender (and blower) of it on page 14 of issue #4 from last year at the Vegas event..?;)

Hank sent me a issue to preview and my eye was immediately drawn to your car.

23. Glad to hear you're bringing the Strange Bird Scotty. It'll be intense this year for sure!

Attached Files:

24. There you go Hank...man that car gives me a woody everytime I see it!:D

Here's Hank doing his thing with Ingenue,these I took...which suck compared to his...I've seen Hank's pictures and I will say they are AMAZING!!!Wish I could share but I've been sworn to secrecy:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Here's the first edition of the official flier. Shortly we will print double sided fliers and also posters of this design.
    If anyone has a shopr or something and wants a stack of fliers, let us know and we'll send some out!

Hank

Attached Files:

26. Looks good Hank,you know I'll promote it anyway I can...;)

27. M.Edell

M.Edell

Cant wait Hank..Good seeing you again yesterday.

28. We will do the artwork for the backside of the flier shortly as well, and hope to have them all printed within a month or so! Will keep this thread updated!

29. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

good job same day and weekend of the sit down and the strangers show

30. Will a certain funny car be gracing that page...?:rolleyes: