Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nor-Cal Swap Meet / April 17th, 2021 / PICS!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Joker, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

this swap has moved from Sacramento to Woodland

20210414_144920.jpg 20210414_144501.jpg 20210414_144517.jpg More to do in Woodland: drive by Reiffs Gas Station House Museum and check out the The Hendrick Ag History Museum 1962 Hays Ln. The Hays Antique Truck Museum is closed.

loudbang, Lil32, 41 GMC K-18 and 2 others like this.
  2. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

The Ag Museum is well worth the time- too bad the Truck Museum is closed. Going to be there, looking for a pair of 15x10 straight-spoke Americans for the 56 Bird

loudbang and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  3. evintho

evintho

I miss swap meets! Just cleared it with the wife. I'm headed up there tomorrow! Is this the same swap that used to be at Cal Expo?

4. Went to Hays on one trip out to see my uncle - we took and I got to drive the Caddy !

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

- yep, and the Sleep Train Arena

loudbang likes this.
  6. HSF

HSF
    from Lodi CA

And Arco arena.....was really good then. High hopes for tomorrow, need some Plymouth stuff. No complaining either way, sun shining, part scrounging. Probably hit Suzie burger on tbe way home. Life is good.

fegsta, loudbang and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

9. Thanks JJ for posting - that was a nice looking Poncho wagon !

loudbang likes this.
  10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

11. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

J.J. Thanks for being there for us again!

Jalopy Joker and loudbang like this.
  12. swifty

swifty

Excellent swap meet photos yet again JJ. Looks like great weather for it and lots of good stuff to check out.
    Thanks for posting.

Jalopy Joker and loudbang like this.
  13. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I really like the 1957 Ford Ranchero !

fegsta, Jalopy Joker and loudbang like this.
  14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

15. jim snow

jim snow

Thanks for the photos. Snowman

loudbang and Jalopy Joker like this.
  16. I wish that I was there.

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

18. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

I arrived at the gate to get in to sell at 3am. Around 4:30am was told we are sold out of swap spaces friday night and unless I was prepaid I would not get in. I said I would wait around to see if they could squeeze me in. ( I did sell some impala bucket seats while waiting it sure is amazing what those seats are bringing nowadays) At around 8am I was still waiting so had to come to reality im not getting in. Parked my truck by the gate so my stuff would be safe and walked in as I had a pocket full of cash and long list of parts for myself and friends. Seen alot of open spots but nothing I can do. Swap meet seemed bigger then it really was because it was spread out quite a bit but thats just my opinion. after walking thru only thing I found on my list was 3 hubcaps, and the seller said make me a offer I need to sell something I aint sold nothing yet everyone just looking not buying. I really needed to see the lug nut king but they were not there, Although I didnt walk thru the car show looked like it had a good amount of cars and seen the local low rider clubs really came out and supported strong with nice line ups. But the walk in spectator line was CRAZY LONG and it sure looked like they made money making it swap meet,car show. Even though I didnt get to sell inside it was a great day in the sunshine and the best part was seeing old friends I have not talked with since 2019 which was PRICELESS after this last year. So is it true John Sweeny sold the show name and its run by someone else? Man I sure miss the old Arco Arena swap meet.

mrspeedyt, loudbang and stillrunners like this.
  19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yep, they sure created chaos that was not needed - acted in many ways like they never ran an operation like this before - yet, one of the booths selling tickets had some formal swap meet sign on it - got there around 8, and the line for tickets looked like the big Turlock swap - people parked any which way and blocked off a big section for parking - like obedient swappers waited in line - finally paid for tickets but, no one way taking the tickets and gate was wide open, so could have just walked in - there was a roadway just to left before ticket booths - no swap officials there and gate was wide open - could just have walked in free, or drive seller truck in free - no big name vendors there - no where to just buy something to drink - very few people carrying stuff that they bought - oh well, good to see some friends and buy a couple parts

loudbang and stillrunners like this.
  20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

21. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

22. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Got there at 8. Huge traffic jam so parked a long ways away and walked. Got to the entrance, must have been 5,000 people standing there waiting to get in. We turned around and walked anther mile back to the car and left. Saw others leaving. Pissed off but took the scenic route home, stopped by the bay.. Was just going to see the cars, didn't need anything, and got some good work done on the heap when I got home.

Wish I had found one of those empty gates... Made me wonder, it's at the huge county fairgrounds, they have been putting this swap on for a long time, albeit at the Arco, must have known it would be well attended after Covid.. why one entrance and a couple of clueless looking workers? Guess they've never been to Turlock.

Oh well, looks like it was a good show, glad JJ and others got to see it.

23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

24. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

It was a really strange meet : I had my stuff priced at "go away" prices but the items that I really expected to sell were the ones that I brought home, but the stuff that I threw in to "fill boxes" in the swap load just FLEW off my spot, although I noticed that there weren't as many big ticket items being carried past as I would have normally expected., & I heard similar sentiments from the vendors around me. This seemed to be more of a "social event" than a "sale".

impala59 and loudbang like this.
  25. HSF

HSF
    from Lodi CA

Got there around 9. Parked up front, maybe 5 minute walk got right in. I thought it was pretty good. Lots of early olds and hemi stuff, right up my alley. Didn't take any pictures, too busy swap meeting, sorry. Grateful the gestapo here in California let us do anything. Might have something to do with a recall, haha.

loudbang likes this.
  26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

27. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

nice to see cars and stuff on grass instead of pavement..

Jalopy Joker and HSF like this.
  28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

29. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

30. Thanks for the coverage, looks like a great time.

Jalopy Joker likes this.