Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nor Cal boys and girls watch out for the man!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jokerjason, Jul 20, 2009.

1. jokerjason

jokerjason

Hi All, hey just wanted to let some of you know that keep alot of cars and parts in your yard to watch out for the man. I have a good friend that just got nailed by a county official that said he had too many quote unquote junk cars in his yard, the guy does alot of demo derbies in California and also restores 60's Chryslers, Dodges and Plymouths. The guy told him that he can't even have 1 unregisterd car in his yard!!!!! What a bunch of bullshit!! Anyways just thought I would give you the heads up, never know who's peeking in the yard!!! STAY OUT OF OUR STASH!!! See ya JOKER JASON.

2. 5window

5window

Well, aren't we always on the look-out? I'd guess if I was in the area I'd want to know what county,what official, where your friend lives, who made the complaint and what the zoning laws really say. Your buddy lives 10 miles up a cliff reached by buzzard and I'd say what the hey? He lives in a hi-rise condo and uses the county supervisor's parking lot as a junk yard well-ya know? So post the details. And, of course, what you post will only be helpful to the HAMBers who live in the immediate area. Bu thanks for the heads up anyway.

3. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

I'm car guy, and I can see two sides of this story. If your buddies yard looks like my neighbors, I don't feel sorry for him. My neighbor on a nearby street has no less than 10 cars on his yard. The only one with any vintage interest at all is a '55 Chevy panel truck that's rusted to the door handles. The rest include an early '90's Camaro that his asshole kids used to do burnouts in on saturdays, a Jeep Cherokie that's been rolled over, a '72 Chevy longbed, an '80's El Camino, a Honda civic, most of a horribly rusted '56 Nomad, a '72 Nova and many more. Because he lives on a private road, the county can't do much, but the cars are nearly hidden by weeds and junk. There are more bicycles and scrap motorcycles than I can count and he wonders why the neighbors are pissed. Your buddy with the demo derby habit needs to be respectful of the people who have to look at it.

4. Da Injun

Da Injun

Your way of thinking is the problem. If it was all old tin and of "vintage interest" as you quoted, would you complain then?

So for instance let us take a look at the guy who has a big farm, the land next to his was sold. Up goes a big subdivision and even though some of this "junk" was on the family farm before he was born, a few new neighbors complain about the cluttered yard. Do you think it needs to be cleared out?

People just need to mind their own damn business what is in someone elses yard. The next time someone just might complain about an old car sitting in your driveway because they might think it looks "cluttered". Would you think they were right?

5. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

its sad that they can take away your privacy and freedom because of a complainer... and make up rules that aren't even real to scare you...SHAME ON THEM

6. TomWar

TomWar

JokerJason:
    I got into it with the Lake County Board of Supervisors back in the 70's.
    this sounds like one of the people that moved there 6 months ago, and then all of a sudden says "NO MORE GROWTH"

7. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I've always thought "why did you move here if you don't like it"? People will move in and report you, so they can clean up the area and maybe sell their place for more money.

8. I would think if the cars were "out of sight" in a backyard and behind a fence, they could not do anything about it. We have a neighbor with a TON of old MOPARS (guessing 25) in his backyard and I don't think the City hassles him at all cause they have been back there for years. We only know they are back there from the few times the gate was left open.

We live on the boarder of Campbell, CA but within the City of San Jose. In San Jose you can be sited for vehicles that are parked ON THE STREET and:
    1. have not moved for over 72 hours (3 days)
    2. have expired license plate for over 6 months
    or 3. are inoperable (missing essential parts like engine, transmission, wheels, windshield).

In San Jose I don't think they can go after you if the car is ON your property (in your driveway, or backyard). Then again, every city is different. In my hometown, Hollister, CA, there was a code that would not allow you to WORK on your car in your driveway or in public view. You had to either work on them in your backyard or CLOSED garage. That did not stop me or anyone I knew.

Anyway, good luck to your friend... like someone mentioned earlier, let us know where he lives and where the cars were parked so we can look into the code for that city.

9. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Sure, I'm the problem. I've lived in the same house since '92 and this guy moved in about 5 years ago. Before his mom bought the house, this 60 year old loser was destitute and about to be thrown out of his rented house. The past owner of his present house kept it up, and was a nice fit into the rural neighborhood. Like the rest of us, he was respectful of his neighbors. But then this jackass moved in, then threw up a greenhouse to grow dope. How do I know? Because the dumbass Covered it with opaque fiberglass! The weeds are about 4 ft tall, there is no fence and a steady flow of 20-somethings coming and going during the day. But keep telling yourself I'm the one with the problem, after all you've known about my issue for about an hour now, surely you know all about it...

10. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

The fuzz is starting to get really out of hand with this stuff.
    If he comes in my yard and tells me he's gonna have to take something, or tells me im gonna have to get rid of something, then there's gonna be fight, and im gonna be in jail. I may get my ass kicked, batoned tazered whatever, but my ass aint goin without a fight lol.

1shot

11. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

they just brought in some ass from Atlanta to make up zoning laws for us in Moultrie here, bunch of pricks, they don't even want one inoperable car anywhere on your property lucky mine is locked in the garage, and i keep the door closed. they say you can't even work on them IN your garage now. they were looking for zoning violators by helicopter, thats so they can look over your fence and into your backyard where it's not supposed to be any of their dammed buisness.

12. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

That is an invasion of privacy. Flying a helicopter over your damn house like you're a scumbag, what the hell is that.

13. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I just got an education on this stuff a couple of years ago. A couple of houses sold in my area and all of a sudden I get a letter from the county because of some of the cars in my backyard. I live on a corner, but the side street was never put in and is nothing more than an alley that deadends at about the middle of my property. There is a 30' green belt (trees and brush) between the alley and my property line. You almost have to be in my back yard to see my cars, but there is an compliance code regarding cars (in their eyes, junk cars) from the 30's and 40's.

In my area, you can not have any inoperable cars sitting outside, on your property, they have to run. The inspector basically left me off, so I'm still not compliant, and I've been trying to camouflage my backyard since.

14. Camm

Camm

Good old Lake County, they need money. He must not know any of the "Good Old Boys":D:D

15. motorhead711

motorhead711

Yep, true stuff here. He lives in is Petaluma, Ca., just a bit south of Santa Rosa, Ca. And yes, he has been getting hassled by "someone" for the cars in his yard. I have been to his house a few times, as has my brother "jokerjason," and it's fenced in all the way around. The only way to see the cars is if you lifted yourself up to look over the fence, or drove on up the road about 1/4 mile and looked behind you through the trees and you "might" see a few of them. It's a shame though, sounds like from some of the other posts on here that it's happening all over the place. And this guy has A LOT of cars. Caddies, chrysler imperials, new yorkers, early 60's fords and mercurys, chevy wagons, lots of iron. From the last time I talked with him, he said the inspector gave him another month to "clear out" out his stash with no compromise whatsoever. ALL the cars must be gone. Sad stuff, damn shame. Don't some counties offer permits to keep this many vehicles in your yard?? I know up here in Lake County, CAMM had it right, it's good to know some of the "Good ol' Boys." But even that sometimes won't keep you from getting hassled by a neighber who thinks ALL old cars are junk, and need to be put in an incinerator somewhere and destroyed forever.

It's all crap. And it's a shame that some people have so little to do in their lives that they have to hassle someone because they feel their yard is a so called "eyesore" to the rest of the community.

16. I can understand if the cars were on the street but in a backyard behind a fence? That's ridiculous. Makes me think San Jose isn't so bad.

17. It sounds like YOUR neighbor is a real jerk-off from the junked cars and scrap in plain view, to the growing and distributing of marijuana, revolving doors during all hours of the night, down to his disrespectful punk ass kids. It's a shame when you spend your hard earned money to buy a nice home for yourself in a nice neighborhood, then some jerk moves in and brings a bad element in with 'em. I assume you and your neighbors have already tried to reason with the guy and he just does not care. So, in your case, with your specific neighbor, I would not feel sorry for the guy if he was sited for the junked cars. He's lucky no one has reported him for the weed!

18. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

It's all about respect.....BOTH ways. I love my cars, but I also like my neighbors and I have concern for their (and my) property values. Imagine, if you can, that you have a nice piece of land with a nice house in a nice older neighborhood. The tax assessment shows the value at, say, $200K. Now you want to sell your home, but no buyers want it because some shitbag down the street has a junk yard in front of his home. It's the same argument that I've had with taggers. Once you own a home and put your money, sweat, blood and time into it to make it something you're proud of, you don't really want someone else dropping its value because they want to be cool or be a rebellious 'tough guy'. Show some respect and consideration to those around you. My parents raised me to be courteous. Maybe yours didn't.

On the flip side of that coin, if I have a car that I'm actively working on and it sits longer than they like so they turn me in, well that's a case of them not giving any consideration to me. When I'm working on something, I will always pick up my mess and my tools, extra parts etc at the end of the day so that my house doesn't look like a bad episode of Sanford and Sons, so they have no reason to bitch.

19. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

where i live im always getting into it with the town guys the fuckers keep hitting me with fines ..when im not around to catch them in my shit ...one day i got a fine and attached to it was helicopter pictures of my back yard and all my cars ..all of them are registerd except 2 one is a parts car and the other isnt done yet ..im waiting to catch one of these guys on my property and when i do im gonna smash his ass good or let my dog out on him ..my property is posted to stay off and private property and they still come on my land ..

20. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

people that look over fences to find something wrong seem like the kind of people that would try to look in your house windows with binoculars..

21. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

go to an Army surplus store and buy a big camouflage canopy to cover your back yard. Just for giggles, cut a giant middle finger out of a white bed sheet and sew it to the top. :D I say that if it's in your back yard and no one else can see it, then my above post is null and void. I should be able to keep anything I want in my back yard if it's out of sight. Front yard?...see above.

22. HAHA I like your style!

23. jokerjason

jokerjason

Too bad, sounds like the crap is all over the place, The bad part about it is where he lives, 2 miles down a dirt road way off the main drag not near any stores or nothing. Hell ,one neighbor down the road from him has about 6 old school busses in his front yard and you can see them all the way from the turn off but he never got hassled!!!! Anyways just wanted to give a heads up, and like some of you said you don't want your neighbors front yard looking like a bomb went off , See ya JOKER JASON.

24. 54 savoy

54 savoy

yeah, i got a 102 $ fine because my running,registered car was two inches past my drive way and on the grass,doesn't seem to affect my property value since my property tax goes up every year.

25. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

26. In Merced County the ordinance says " any vehicle that can be 'seen' from another property must be lic, insured. and operable" even if it's it the back yard behind a solid fence. If some can see it, even if it's from their second story, you must comply. I went through this, with a car in the backyard, I kept it clean, no debry, no weeds, no spider webs, car was non opted too, thats when I was showed the law, I had to move it or be fined. 'course Merced County sucks on several other levels too this is only one of them..

27. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

haha ..i should try that ..id probably get arrested instead

the problem is my neighbor ..i live on curved street with only about 5 houses on it the guy who moved in about 3 years ago has been giving everyone shit about everything so a year ago i beat his and his sons ass in the front of there house with a 6 pak of beer cause they almost ran over my sister as she was walking down the street with her 5 year old son they thought it was funny to swerve at her while she walked with the kid so she called me and i came right over from a party i was at .so i went over there like a nice guy and asked to talk with him to find out why you would even think that was at all smart to do ...so as he began pulling things out of his car from the store mind you (6pak) in sight . his smart mouthed son who was to become a cop soon came outside running his mouth how he was gonna break my balls everytime he saw me driving one of my so called (shit box hot rods) everytime he saw me driving so at this time i had heard everything i needed to so i grabed the 6 pak and smashed the kid in his face as he fell i grabed the dad and beat the shit outta him didnt take much to do either one in ..after all the shit and the cops came and left ..we were not supposed to even look at each other so now the guy calls the town once a week on me .he will get it again ...just a matter of time ..and the funny thing is ..is that a guy who i thought was a friend i built a 32 ford truck for ..we had a falling out about money over labor and parts he is the fucker who keeps putting the notice in my mail box i just found out ..when i grab his ass he is gonna be a hurt mother f@$#er,,,thats just my lil story enjoy

and nothing can be seen i have a 6 foot chain link fence with these plastic things in the coils of the fence so you cant see anything in my yard ..only people who have been to my house know what i have ..

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  28. Think that is bad the jackass mayor here is so arrogant he shut down a hotel to keep the mongols from having a meeting there, now the jerk is going to use a 24/7 camera in the air to detect crime and stop it, what a crock, the jackass sent out a copy of the city rules and regulations about 3 months after he got in office and right on the front in big print was the part about old cars and junk and to turn them people in so they can take care of it, now in my and many others opinion this new crap of his is an invasion of privicy, crime happens so fast i doubt they could catch a guy pissing in the park much less holding someone up or shooting someone, but i bet if it happens their will be a lot of violators with old cars getting shit on. i was thinking the same thing with the cammo net. it might as well be north korea we live in the way they think they are the king and ruler of all!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  29. RDR

RDR

Satellite....Big brother sees all...it's the great modern age we live in folks...it's hard to live in the 50s in the 21st century..huh?

30. In our area (Rodhotz) camo netting, or cameras on the house, in the yard, etc, is cause for an instant visit from the local cops.

They assume if you have camo netting you must have a meth lab or grow operation. And if you have cameras, you are looking for cops..

Nevermind the fact I cover my stuff (cars not meth) so people do not have to look at it, or can't look at it so it stays in my yard, not stolen...

I haven't done cameras, but that would be to see who is poking around my place. If its a cop or city guy, then I have evidence of their tresspassing.. If its a thief, then I know who to look out for..

Its funny though..your camera pics are not admissable as evidence, but their helicopter flyover pics are..
    And people think the gov has their best interests at heart..

HA HA on you.