Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Noooooooooo!!!! Can't let this happen!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barsteel, Sep 28, 2014.

1. By all definitions known, selling IS a black and white finite transaction & one of few that has no area of grey. Unless it's written into a part of some obscure purchase agreement there is nothing after the exchange.

So as a seller you'd like to be assured that your former possession is cared for, great.
    So as that seller you'd then need to be open to the former holder of the funds aka buyer to have some reassurance of how you'd spend his money - ahhh see how that works ? Not so good that way is it?

As far as pets go, I have a strange attachment to my animals. They are mine and I am theirs and I wouldn't give them up for any reason. Change of job, responsibilities, address, doesn't matter because they matter and sometimes you just need to look harder to accommodate.

Again buying or selling is a choice most of the time. It's your choice to make as you see fit, it's your money to spend as a buyer and at the completed transaction it's your money as the seller to spend as you see fit. The realization is that item is now the possession of another and they can do as they see fit.

2. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Just sell the sonofabitch. !

3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I did not intend to imply that the sale itself was not "black and white", it is. The point that seems to elude you is that not all people are so willing to disregard the consequences of their decision to sell something, all the while accepting that the sale is, in fact, final.

They merely would like to place the item where it will be preserved in some fashion, rather than irreparably damaged. That does not imply they want to dictate the details of it's future......that would be a foolish notion, at best.

So, I am done with this topic. Those that understand the concept don't need an explanation. And for those who do not understand, or just wish to be argumentative, further effort to explain alternate points of view would be futile.

Ray

49ratfink, Road Runner and NOPSI like this.
  4. smoked1

smoked1

5. Solis

Solis

Hello- I'm trying to get in contact with Barsteel, I'm interested in your 41 Chevy Coupe. If its for sell call me or text me 626. 533.7796. Thx, Jerry.

6. willing to disregard the consequences of their decision to sell something, all the while accepting that the sale is, in fact, final.

making decisions isn't for everyone. Some are good at at some aren't. Making decisions takes discernment and wisdom. Yes every single decision you will ever make comes with consequences, that's life & eventually people get good at it. They learn to look at the possible consequences before the decision is made.

They merely would like to place the item where it will be preserved in some fashion, rather than irreparably damaged.

Perhaps loaning it to a museum would be a more fitting situation then. The curator will do that. Oh but that leaves the self centered exchange of money out of it .

If you care about what may happen to it keep it. There's plenty of hoarders of old iron who keep their stuff and that really sets guys off around here. A man can keep what he buys, earns or is given or he can sell it, and he can also let it rot, cut it up, or change the sellers plan.

Argumentative is a derogatory statement.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  7. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unless the car is an abomination, you will probably be able to find a buyer who wants it for what it is, at least mostly the way it is. And there is no crime in wanting that guy to have it.

8. Road Runner

Road Runner

A seller can and will sell to anybody he wants to, regardless of anything or anybody's opinion.

A buyer can and will do what he wants to do with it regardless of anything or anybody's opinion.

The freedom to do either is what I like about it .... regardless.
    Good luck to either side.

Jkustom likes this.