Register now to get rid of these ads!

Noob that loves the Old.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 69Chevelle454, Nov 6, 2010.

1. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Hey guys found this place because the of the most awesome of threads of pictures from the 50's-60's-70's. Took me around 150 straight hours of going through it but I did it. I just wanted to say hey.

2. big bad john

big bad john

.......hey back to you..........look at your profile.....very interesting....nice car ..........wish you would rewrite your intro....and tell us a little about you and your interest in hotrods,,,,,you have a lot to offer....welcome and good luck........Big Bad John

3. Lukydevl

Lukydevl
    from Arizona

Hey, what Big Bad John Said.......:D

4. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Well here goes, was raised by my grandparents and my great grand father was a mechanic starting back in the 1930's as is my grand father. Cars run through my blood. Im on the youngish side but Im into old school, wheels, style, cars, dragsters, hotrods, paint. Basically everything from 1950-1974. I dont like big wheels, flashy paint or cut up interiors. I like big blocks and Hemi's. Im a Mopar guy thru and thru but I know quit a bit about GM as well. I am also a former ASE automotive tech, was injured a few years back and havent been able to work since so I get to spend a lot of time at home looking up the wonderful stuff you guys have posted. I know more about this stuff and time frame then anyone I know of my age but not even a tenth of a percent of what you guys know. So Im here to learn, listen and dream big lol.

My car is a 1969 Chevelle Malibu from California, was originally a L48 350/300HP 2speed powerglide. I bought it for my grand father and I to work on. From what Ive gathered it was drag raced for many years, which neither the 350 or tranny or rear end survived but the body/frame did. I replaced the engine with a 454 and some goodies such as roller cam, Dart heads, TH350. It lives with me here in Texas and is never going back to Cali lol. Im hoping to save up enough money to purchase a 1963-64 Savoy/Fury/Belvedere or a 65 Coronet, or a 68 Charger/Roadrunner. If I get the latter they will be stock dailies, if the first then thinking of possibly making it into a clone factory lightweight 413/426 wedge.

5. Doctor Injector

Doctor Injector

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Sacramento Ca.

6. Welcome from Connecticut.....Thanks for the new INTRO

7. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Des Moines, Iowa The 2nd intro was way bette!

8. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoy from NoWeConn.

9. Von Farly 1923

Von Farly 1923
    from Sacramento

Welcome aboard the H.A.M.B. from Sacramento.

10. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

We should give awards to the best Intro's,,
    I would rate his intro a 10,,
    some I wouldnt rate a 1
    Welcome from Central Ca!

11. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Thanks for the warm welcomes, its very much appreciated