Register now to get rid of these ads!

Noob from NC

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 52studegasser, Jun 4, 2010.

1. 52studegasser

52studegasser
    from Mebane, NC

Hi all. I've been lurking and reading HAMB for a while and decided to join after reading about the 52 Studebaker Gasser that went from Indie to Vegas. My dad and I purchased a 52 Champion when I was 14 and it was my very first car. We bought a wrecked Maverick donor car and put the 302/C4/8 inch drivetrain into the studebaker and I drove it to school the latter part of my senior year. We got the car in primer and then mothballed it because I went off to college/the Marine Corps and in the meantime I bought a 1965 Galaxie 2dr HT that was in great running condition. I finally built the engine in that car and had it running low 12's with a 390 and a 4 speed. My dad had also started restoring my grandfather's 35 Ford 5 window coupe which is now mostly finished. It has a 289/C4/9 inch. So we neglected the old Studebaker for about 10 years, but now we're gonna gas it out.

I've also worked on (dare I say it) alot of imported cars to pay the bills. From minor repairs to performance work on Honda's. Currently I am the General Manager of a used/salvage auto parts store in Central NC and do repair work nights and weekends.

So hi to all, and I look forward to helping anyone I can and learn as much as I can from all of your experiences.

2. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Welcome from Long Island

3. 117harv

117harv

Welcome to the HAMB.

4. 52studegasser

52studegasser
    from Mebane, NC

Might post this in the other section, but thought since I'm still an FNG I'd post here.

So how badly would we be looked down on in the Gasser world if we put twin turbo's on our Ford powered Studebaker and ran an automatic? I'm only thinking auto for safety reasons. I much prefer a 4 speed, but the Studebaker would require adaptation of a later model linkage or the use of a hydraulic clutch because the stock studebaker setup uses a bell crank thats integrated into the bellhousing.

Thoughts on our ideas. This car will have a straight axle up front and a nine inch with slicks in the back.

5. dudley32

dudley32

welcome from Fayetteville...

6. sinks88

sinks88

welcome from MN

7. welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Arkansas City, KS.
    firstnomad

8. dudley32

dudley32

Now that you're here...try posting questions on the board...you'll find a lot more responses....d32

9. grapp

grapp

Wwelcome from Salisbury!

10. 52studegasser

52studegasser
    from Mebane, NC

Thanks for all of the welcome replies! And yeah I'll post some questions in the regular forum.

Just put a transmission in a 1993 Mazda 929 tonight. Its rear wheel drive, but what a greasy turd. At least it shifts properly now. :D

11. nitrojoe

nitrojoe
    from Midway,nc

welcome form midway, stude gassers are cool!!