Register now to get rid of these ads!

Non-Conventional Steering Wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by supercharged, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Okay, let me start by declaring this a "I am bored Wednesday" topic.

So can anyone converse on the pros and cons of using non-conventional steering wheels in your rides.

I am looking for something different, than the standard factory steering wheel that came with my 66' C10 or the standard "Grant-Style" aftermarket wheels..

I have seen some cool old tractor steering wheels, old speed boat wheels and the old fashioned butter-fly dragster/go cart style wheels.

Any one using ony of these types?

2. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Here's one I'm using now...like to use old sprint car wheels on my hotrods though...[​IMG]How about one of those weird 60's Olds wheels in a later pickup?

Attached Files:

3. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

If it for show car only,ya can play games with wired things,but if your going to drive it a lot just do a round wheel you like!

4. LAROKE

LAROKE

I'm using a '40 Chevy Deluxe "Spinner" wheel in my '37 hot rod farm truck. I still need to fab up some trim for it since the repop trim from Chevs of the 40's is to rich for my billfold.

I don't use the spinner much but it has big conversation value at the fat-chewing sessions of the local cruise-ins.

[​IMG]

5. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Love that 40 chevy accessory spinner wheel. Wish they were more yrs available. Lookin for one myself. Anyone with an extra or wall hanger pm me. I'd settle for a "rebuilder" with some character.

6. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

No love for the bulky foam grip grants huh?
    You got 2 options, Stock or 3 spoke metal flake :p

[​IMG]

7. 40 Buick banjo with original ring cut off and spokes bent up to contact new 13 inch hoop. Horn button isn't finished in this photo.

Attached Files: