Register now to get rid of these ads!

No Spark

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StratoStreaker, Oct 1, 2006.

1. StratoStreaker

StratoStreaker

Ok, so I put I put a new wiring harness in the Poncho and everything was great. It started right up and ran. Then I take it out for a test drive and it dies as I'm backing it out of the driveway. I fire it back up go about 50 feet and it dies again. Popped the clutch and it fires back to life. Go about a quarter mile and she dies again and now nothing. I have 12volts at the coil, but no spark from the coil. So I've changed the coil twice and still no spark. Swapped the coil wire with one of the spark plug wires, but still nothing. How can I have power at the coil, but no spark from the coil?

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Bad set of points, bad condenser, broken wire from the coil to the dizzy or a short inside the distributor are some of the possibilities

3. take your test light and check to see if your getting signal from the points. check negitive side while cranking, the light should pulse. if not then there's a problem with points, cond or electronic unit.

4. StratoStreaker

StratoStreaker

Had a broken wire in the distributor. She's running again. Thanks for the help.