Register now to get rid of these ads!

No Service or Repair of vehicles!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wetskier2000, Oct 4, 2011.

1. I too try and do the same thing Low Lid Dude - I try and help them as much as I can.

In this case, somehow things got off on the wrong foot and like a snowball going down hill, got way out of proportion. Also, there are 2 sides to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth - not saying anyone is at fault but 9 times out of 10, preceptions of a situation are very different than what that situation actually was. See if from their side of the fence, sort-to-speak.

So, I would:

1 - clean up my act - get rid of all cars not my own, etc, which you are doing. Just be nice and do not stoop to their level.
    2 - get a copy of the ordinances and work within them to the best of my ability
    3 - Soundproof my garage and work with the door closed - they can't complain about what they can't see or hear
    4 - If that does not work and in lieiu of moving, I would also document everyone ELSE who is outside the ordinances, rules and regs, etc, for your area since YOU will be the resident expert - if you have to comply, so then will everyone else and let that be known. Once your neighbors see how nuts this all is, peer pressure by your neighbors alone should do the trick.

This will all take work, hard work to get things rectified - but if you want to stay where you are, it will all be worth it in the end.

2. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

I suggest more than an "it isn't fair" appeal. Do some research and site other cases where similar ordinances have been ruled unreasonable, excessively restrictive, unconstitutional, etc.

Point out that while noise and nuisance are subject to regulation and zoning, regulation legal activities carried out inside your residence is over-reaching, excessively restrictive, and probably in violation of you constitutional rights.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  3. I always make friends with neighbors, I remind them of my portable tire inflator and batter jumper pack. I also give them referrals to body shops and tire places.

That said, I never run my air compressor, but I bet if I ran that sucker a lot and were sanding a whole car in the garage they might get sick of me. :)