Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects "No Quarter"- '27 T coupe project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by SinisterCustom, Oct 22, 2008.

1. We'll see. The doors are the same as 28/29 pickup so they are a bit of a bitch to find. Do you know how to tell if your car is 26/27??? A 26 has a piano hinge style windshield hinge, The 27 has the two "C" shaped channles that latch together like later Fords. If your car has no windsheild, then your SOL ;)

2. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I'm SOL Chris....hahaha...no windsheild frame.:D

Malcolm....yeah man....that's how I'd like to do the frame. Going through Bleed's post, I really like the .666 frame he recently built.....

One entire wall in my garage is covered with Weesner prints.....they are excellent reference for the direction I want this sucker to go...:)

36taildragger likes this.
  3. Great song and a great name for a great car!!
    Keep us posted.

BloodyKnuckles

4. My Dad has a 28/29 pickup, I'll see if he has any extra doors. If not, get a hold of your "local" model T club. They can really be a help (if they can handle a "HOT RODDER" :D)

5. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Not much to report, but did started building my frame today.:) I don't have a frame table so I mocked it up on the floor and tacked it together, keeping tabs on my measurements that were drawn on the floor. Front half of chassis is Model A, the rest is 2x4 box that is "thinned" to meet up with the A front half, as well as piecut up to give a nice front sweep. The sides were also piecut and kicked out similar to stock A, but not quite as wide......making it to fit right @ the subrails on the T. This is as far as I got as I ran outta welding gas:(......got the kickup to build, @ 6-8", not sure if I'll use the A rear crossmember or not....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also been slowly stripping the paint off the SBC....plus it's now got a Roto-Faze.

[​IMG]

6. Busy B

Busy B
    from Kalama, WA

Nice! Welcome to the dark side!! Hope to see it at Billetproof next year!

7. mr.smith

mr.smith

ive chopped mine 9 inch's, it transforms the car , like night nd day after cuz of how tall these T's were

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

good progress.... the only thing i see that kinda off is the way you did the "Bleed" sweep
    ..the way mine is done is its Pie Cut where the firewall would be and then its pie cut down at the cross member that way the "swoop" has a nice smooth curve
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  9. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Good point Evel.....I piecut it where the A frame meets the 2x4, but now looking at yours, maybe I'll straighten it out there and cut it behind the crossmember....thanks!

10. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Looking forward to seeing it come together. I want to re do my T coupe with an A crossmember so Ill be watching closely.

11. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Sounds like it's going to be really sweet. I really miss mine. I should have just finished it instead of selling it for a different project. Oh well. Here's my old one...

[​IMG]

12. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Well....after swinging by a few local shops and freind's places and seeing all the various projects going on, it gave me a kick in the ass to get to work on my own project...I've been HOTRODLESS for too long....

So I pretty much finished the basic frame....redid the front so the "sweep" was more fluid. Has a 5" kick in the rear. Turned out really well, considering I built it on the garage floor with a chaukline, carpenter's square and alot of measuring...haha!

Plan to channel the body @ 2 1/2" tomorrow, as well as set the engine/trans in...just to see what'll look like....I'm getting pretty stoked.

[​IMG]

13. striper

striper

Is there another way?

Good to see you're back at it.

14. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Josh, This build will be all the better due to the parts you will be using. Nothing like a '60s Show Rod !

41 Dave

15. Looks good man! See you at the Puyallup swap meet?

16. chaddilac

chaddilac

bout time brutha!!! keep the pics coming!!!! :D

17. blackout

blackout

That's gonna be good.

18. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Thanks fellas..

Yeah, I'll be at the Early Bird swap, see ya there!:D

19. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Looking good, Josh

20. John T. Hodgen

John T. Hodgen

Hey Guys--Check out that intake/carbs on that sweet motor!!! John T.

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Busy weekend...a friend came over and we spent the day grinding rivets and removing subrail crossmembers so the body could be channelled over the frame.
    Normally I don't like to see the frame below the body, but the "plan" for this car is to paint the entire frame in blue metalflake and then pinstripe it, so I wanted some of the frame peeking out below. :)
    Cutting the subrails right along the top gave @ 2 1/2" of channel.
    Re-used a couple of the crossmembers and will be adding some box tubing for floor supports/seat mounts....

It sure feels good to spend the day out in the shop with the music cranked, beer flowin' and grinding/cutting/welding......:D It's been awhile.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Mocked up a dash today. This is the first part I had ever bought when I got into building a hotrod, as I don't recall seeing a '57 Chevy dash in a hotrod. I just never used it as didn't have a "proper" build to use it on....so, it's been collecting dust on my shelf for a good 8 years, waiting......haha!

I plan to wire up all the stock gauges and warning lights/switches and maybe use the BelAir trim....

I think it's going to be bitchin'.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  23. toml24

toml24

Excellent idea for the dash board. Very much want to see interier progress photos. Good luck.
    Tom

24. chaddilac

chaddilac

Cool dash!!!

Wrap around into the doors????

25. Yeah, that would be cool....but may take up precious knee room :D

26. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

That's the plan...weld the dash "ears" to the doors.:)

27. I like it! I like it!

28. toml24

toml24

The only issue I see is the large steering wheel will be very close to the door and that means the seat will be as well. Are going to use bucket seats or sofa seats?
    Tom

29. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

The steering wheel is the 13" blue 'flaked wheel at the beginning of this thread....haha!
    Looking for bucket seats.....maybe out of an old van or ski boat...something with a mid back....