Register now to get rid of these ads!

NO MORE PHOTOBUCKET RED X'S,and it won't cost you a dime!

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 27, 2017.

1. A friend of mine who is a lot more computer savvy than me and not a hamb member was looking at Quain Stott's Moonlighter thread and was telling me how great it was and I told him he should have seen it before photo bucket screwed it up by blocking the photos and he told me there are a couple of browser add on s to restore the photos....and he was right.

Possibly a lot of you guys already know about this but it's new to me.

For you guys that don't this will restore the photo's and make the threads a lot more enjoyable. HRP

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/?src=ss

or

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...aon/related?hl=en-US&hotlinkfix=1509134784180

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  2. Is that something the "viewer" downloads or is this something the "poster" needs to do?

3. I downloaded the mozilla/firefox and it worked great. HRP

4. Just For your pics or for any pic posted by anyone?

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Danny, I think you misunderstood the question.
    When you downloaded this, did it restore only the photos you posted or All the photos posted by everyone from Photobucket?
    In other words were you able to see the photos posted by other members.

6. I'm seeing other peoples photobucket photo's,I am also seeing mine. HRP

Petejoe likes this.
  7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Now that titties! Thx

8. You bet it is Rick! and it doesn't cost a dime. :) HRP

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  9. Gavin Tittle

Gavin Tittle

Thanks guys. problem was getting frustrating, now, to read the Drag Cars in Motion picture thread again!

loudbang likes this.
  10. The Firefox add-on works slick. ;) But... o_O

These browser add-ons are probably a temporary fix at best. I'm curious to see long this workaround will continue to work. If Photobucket has decided, however misguidedly, that they want to charge exorbitant fees for providing their hosting services... well I imagine they have the right to do so. They have no obligation to provide this service for free, though I do think they have greatly overrated the value of their service.

These browser add-ons seem to be a somewhat arrogant and underhanded way to subvert Photobucket's intentions. I'm sure Photobucket could completely lock down all access to the free 3rd party linking if they wanted to. But hopefully they will rethink their approach and figure out ways to continue to profitably provide their hosting services in a less aggressive manner.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  11. I still have my photobucket account and I can upload photos and at times down load but I am unable to use any of the edit tools. HRP

loudbang likes this.